Channel 11 News Is Coming To The Li Event!!!

JMBella

I would like to make it to the event but I am heading to LI this afternoon for family party and my wife may not want to go back to LI next week also....she isn't very fond of it. Although she did raise an eyebrow when I told her about Channel 11 :P

Whatta ya mean she doesn't LIKE it? :(

Groundspeak put the producer of The WB news in touch with me and they're coming with cameras, a real reporter and everything!!! What the heck am I gonna do now??!!! :D:D This is too much pressure!! Just kidding I can't wait.

The 2004 Long Island Summer Cache Event

Great. Now we have Channel 11 attending bbq's.

Watch - they'll make it look like a trekkies convention (and miss the whole "enjoying the outdoors" thing). Joe - make sure you remove your tin-foil hat before going on camera.

You getting some vig from Groundspeak?

I'm currently planning on coming to the event. Wonder if Channel 11 will be interested in interviewing Cindy the Cinderblock? I'll be bringing her along, so if someone's interested in a semi-famous travel bug, that's been kidnapped from Michigan, and has been exploring the east coast, here's your chance. I'll also look around and see if there are any bugs in local caches that need to head toward NYC, or New England, and try and grab them before the weekend.

Is there anything special that I need to bring along, like food, or plasticware or soda? Or should I just pick up whatever on my way in?

Watch - they'll make it look like a trekkies convention (and miss the whole "enjoying the outdoors" thing). Joe - make sure you remove your tin-foil hat before going on camera.

You getting some vig from Groundspeak?

I'm worried about that, I don't want to look like more of a geek then I already am. Not to worry, I hid a 4 star terrain cache in the park that I am going to drag them on. When I get done with them geeks will be the furthest thing from their mind. Plus, I'll threaten to leave them in the middle of a swamp if they don't agree to make it a good story.

Maybe I'll get a few shares of Groundspeak. :D