I Hate Stereograms!

Imajika

If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't able to get anything from the black/white version, though the rainbow-colored version wasn't too much of a problem. :D

To answer your question, no, I've never seen this sort of puzzle for a cache's coordinates. Very cool.

Yes, I was able to read the coordinates pretty easily. I'm one of these that's blessed (cursed) with the images staring at them in stereograms without trying to look for it. However, to tell you what it says would defeat the whole purpose. The last number in lat. is 2 and the last number in lon. is 6.

Enlarging the images will make it much easier.

Edited by pater47
Yes, I was able to read the coordinates pretty easily. I'm one of these that's blessed (cursed) with the images staring at them in stereograms without trying to look for it. However, to tell you what it says would defeat the whole purpose. The last number in lat. is 2 and the last number in lon. is 6.

Enlarging the images will make it much easier.

Oh no no! I wasn't asking for any help! I will get it on my own eventually (that is part of the fun!).

I was just wondering if anyone else had seen one like this.

:D

ACK! I can see those things, but only after a loooong time. I have all sorts of sight problems. The first time I tried to see one of those things, it took me hours. You have to kind of blur your vision, but for me it takes a looong time. I am glad that isn't near me! It would drive me nuts because I would stare at it forever in my determination to log it! :D

yeah, i definitely have vision problems. i mean, not just with these magic eye things, but with seeing in general. i cannot look out the windshield of a car with the wipers off... the rain on the glass totally distorts my vision, and i can't focus on long distances... and somehow, i pass every vision test i take. 20/17, they say. yeah, sure... that's crap, guys.

I've never had any problem seeing stereograms.

I almost read a study once that showed a comparison between those that can see them and those that cannot. The stats concluded that those that can easily visualize these pictures are 57.8% smarter and an astounding 89.7% more attractive than those that can't.

But it ain't about the numbers......

Can't say I've ever seen a cache utilize stereograms either!! But it was fun to go and look at em (brings back some memories of the '80's!!)

I found it was easier to see the coords in black and white rather than in color.

Best way to see 'em is to put your nose right on the monitor in the center of the picture. Wait several seconds to relax your eyes and you should start seeing something popping out above or below your nose. Pull your face away from the monitor slowly and the coords are there!!

Well, GOOD NEWS GUYS!

I decided to print out the black and white one. I saw the coords with no problems after I printed it out. I told my hubby I saw the coords and he asked if anyone had logged it yet. No one had so we decided to go for it!

There we were, in the middle of the night, in the rain and wind walking down a trail with a flashlight. We found it! and we were FTF!

As we were walking back to the car, a cop drove by reaaaaally slowly and shined his spotlight on us. We thought we were going to have a nice chat with him but he left. :D

Well, GOOD NEWS GUYS!

I decided to print out the black and white one. I saw the coords with no problems after I printed it out. I told my hubby I saw the coords and he asked if anyone had logged it yet. No one had so we decided to go for it!

There we were, in the middle of the night, in the rain and wind walking down a trail with a flashlight. We found it! and we were FTF!

As we were walking back to the car, a cop drove by reaaaaally slowly and shined his spotlight on us. We thought we were going to have a nice chat with him but he left. :D

yea!!!!!!

I used one of these on the back of the logbook in a (now archived) cache I placed last year.

It had a three digit number (a bit easier to see than these fine-scale ones!) that was the combination to the lock holding the logbook closed.

The "magic eye" and the lock sort of fitted the "Warlock" theme of the cache, y'see...

A bit nasty for those people who just can't see them, I guess. :D

That's pretty cool! I love stereograms, and have never had a problem seeing them at all. Usually, within a few seconds, I can see them. I couldn't make out any of the numbers in the colored one, I think it's because I haven't had enough coffee this morning, but I could very easily read the b&w image. So, where do you get software to do this sort of thing?

I could see the color one, but can't make out the numbers really well. I think I have the top set of numbers fine, but the bottom set is not really clear. I didn't try the black and white one yet.

I love these things!

On these small ones, it helps to get really close to your monitor screen.

EDIT: Okay, I see the image in the black and white, too, but it's even harder to make out the numbers...

Edited by Pipanella
That was really cool.  I wonder where you can get some software to make your own sterograms?

Ask and you shall recieve.

It's a java program and you can't cut and paste the image. You'll have to hit the "print screen" key and then paste in an image editing program like MSPaint or photoshop.

The important thing here is that it's free.

Edited by MonkeyToes108

I've thought about doing one of these before too. I used to have a program that would create stereograms from bmp images. It was a lot of fun to play with.

I think (just to be fair) I would have used a san serf font in a bigger bolder size.

Then again, there ought to be extra points for being evil. :(

Bret

Here's one GCHGV6, that has an image of an object in the strereogram. Spell the object, then sustitute letters for number to get coords. Pretty cool!

Wow, I had stared at the original ones in this thread for what seemed like forever and saw nothing. Then I looked at this one, and saw the image almost instantly. Then out of curiosity, I went back to the original cache, and almost instantly saw that one, too.......ok, now how do you make these, we need a cache like this around here :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I used google.com and answered my own question. Use this site to make your own.......

Edited by IV_Warrior

The B/W took a few minutes, the color was almost immediate. It helps to dim the lights a bit too. Then again, maybe all these years in the foodservice industry has given me the uncanny ability to develop the 1000 yard stare and unfocus when I talking to a complaining customer. :huh::P:D

I may have to try one of these here. <_<