Goodwood

Any recommendations for accomodation arround the sussex area which will take in some good caching? We need to be within about 50 miles of Goodwood.

We are down there for the Goodwood Revival first weekend in September (also out 4th Wedding Anniversary) and I hear that accoms can be difficult to find. We don't mind B&B, hotel, pub or cottage accoms.

Thanks in advance...

The Hokesters...

EDIT - Dumb spelling!

Edited by The Hokesters
Any recommendations for accomodation arround the sussex area which will take in some good caching? We need to be within about 50 miles of Goodwood.

We are down there for the Goodwood Revival first weekend in September (also out 4th Wedding Anniversary) and I here that accoms can be difficult to find. We don't mind B&B, hotel, pub or cottage accoms.

Thanks in advance...

The Hokesters...

I have the programme from this years Festival of Speed, I'll have a look in there.

Don't be surprised if you end up quite a bit away. One couple at the FOS were at a hotel in Portsmouth, and that didn't seem uncommon :-)

I'll get Memory Map to tell me what falls within your radius and see if we can suggest anything.

- Neil.

You could try this link for hotels in Arundel, which is 15-20 minutes from Goodwood

www.arundel.org.uk/placestostay.htm.

I'll be at the revival too so maybe we'll bump into each other. I'm only coming from Littlehampton, which just a bit further than Arundel, and there are planty of good caches to fill any spare time you may have.

Any recommendations for the best place to view from if you haven't got a grandstand seat?

Back in 1999 (I think it was!), I attended a corporate hospitality event at the Revival meeting which was hosted in a marquee on the bank looking down on the Lavant Straight. :D

I seem to remember that members of the public could sit on the bank between the hospitality tents from where there is a good view of nearly the whole circuit and it's a bank so you get to look down on the race track from an elevated position. ;)

Not having much interest in the cars, I spent most of my time in the marquee drinking champagne and hosting our clients. It WAS raining for most of the day too, so that's my excuse!!! :(