Visiting Toronto And Algonquin

sTeamTraen

I'm coming to Toronto for 3 weeks' vacation this weekend... we've also got a few days booked in Algonquin Provincial Park (near the south-western entrance).

Would appreciate any pointers for interesting caches in either area. If they are teen-friendly (if that exists) then so much the better. My terrain limit is about 3*.

Also, if any GC meets are planned in that time, and you have room for one or two more people...

Thanks for any ideas !

Nick in France

My favourite caching, hiking and mountain biking areas near Toronto are north and north-west of the city. Here the caches tend to be more of a hike to get to. Let us know what you normally go for and I'm sure we can make some specific suggestions. I think most every cache is teen friendly, and kid friendly for that matter, in this area.

I can do an "unofficial" pubnite afore Annie's.

Cheers!

Coupar-Angus

Here are a few I've done in Algonquin that were fairly good hikes.

GC151B - Algonquin Lookout South Trail

GCDAC - Algonquin Track and Cache

GC85D - Algonquin On Foot > I was unable to find this one when I visited the Park but it looks like it's recently been replaced.

Both are along Hwy 60 through the South end of the park. (You can get a good idea by hitting the mapquest map link on the cache page(s) and zooming out one level).

Thorin

Edited by thorin
Don't forget that you are not allowed to hide caches in Ontario Parks. Some are there but before you look for I would confirm by logs that the cache is still there as some have been removed by parks staff.

:(

Too bad more Park employees aren't of this mind set .

Thorin

Edited by thorin
Nice 52 caches in a trip, that's pretty sweet.

Thorin

Well, about 15 were locationless or virtual, plus I found "SpyCam" which is a sort of combination webcam and virtual cache in Germany, when I couldn't sleep early one morning due to jet lag :o

The nearest unfound cache to my home (apart from the last one I placed) is 43km away, so the relative density of caches in the Toronto area was a big help.