Utah Can't Miss Caches?

LooAndRoo

Hi

We are going to be coming down through Utah on I-15 from Brigham City all the way down through SLC and out through Cedar City, I think. While we won't be able to spend too much time caching, we want to make sure we catch any particularly interesting or intriguing caches that we should do for sure. As we are planning on coming in August and don't want to spend too many hours hiking, we are looking for ones that we can do in a fairly short amount of time.

Any advice on particular spots would surely be appreciated.

Thanks

LooAndRoo

Good Downtown SLC Traditional Caches:

Between the moon and Salt Lake City by JeepCruzer (GCHMBC)

Unique Virtual Caches in Down Town SLC:

Gilgal by Kim Best (GC3B33) Artistic and Strange

Temple Square Virtual Cache Tour by Scout Master (GCHZZ1) Good tour of Temple Square.

2002 Winter Olympics by Damenace (GCGPQE) Get into the Olympic Spirit

South End of the Salt Lake Valley:

SirGerald's Letterbox Cache by SirGerald and LadyLeAnn (GCB24A) If you have never done a letterbox

Where's George in Utah? by Wild George (GCA7D2) There is a large number of caches along this easy walking trail if you want a nice walk with a large number of cache finds.

Enjoy,

Catherman

Hi LooAndRoo, looks like you'll be caching through my backyard, so to speak. I've gone through caches that I've hit in the past and have found a few memorable ones not more than a couple of miles off I-15. All of these are between Ogden and Farmington.

Operation: Cache Salvation

This is probably one of my favorite caches, it is located in a beautiful and scenic hollow.

Maggie and Molly's Toy Box

This one isn't very scenic, but it is right along the freeway.

Steed Pond Cache

This one is located at a beautiful pond, right in the middle of suburban Clearfield.

Bicentennial

Here's an easy one.

Riverdale Rivulet

Here's a slightly more challenging one, but still fun to find.

Lagoon Trail South

Here's a cache just outside of the Lagoon amusement park.

Hope you like 'em.

Black Mage

Here are a few farther south:

In Nephi, a very quick stop, although not especially scenic is I-15 Quick cache: Juab edition (GCJ5GV ). There are a few others - both traditional and virtual - in the area that wouldn't take too much time.

Near Scipio, there is a spectacular view from The Biggest Nut of All (GC27C0 ). Pay attention to the directions on the cache description to get there.

At Cove Fort, there is a traditional cache, Old Cove Fort (GC3ACD) and a virtual, Cove Fort Historic Site (GC9938) which are worth the time. The virtual is at the fort and will likely cause you to want to do the free tour.

One of my favorites along I-15 is just south of Beaver - GAME "X" (#5) (GC7C0). It is one of the oldest caches in the state and is a unique hide - literally on the freeway, but requires a side trip along a frontage road and a short hike. You will want to plan your best approach to this one with a map. It doesn't take very long to do and is a lot of fun. There is another quick one nearby - Utah 100 Mile Cache (GCB5C9).

Finally, the Cedar City area has a lot of neat virtuals, as well as a bunch of clever micros hidden by Chevums. I won't post links here, but be aware of them.

You may also want to post this question in the Utah Geocachers Forum (UTAG). You will likely get more responses there. Have a great trip!

Edited by Huaso