Newbie question: When you sign..

Rygel

I sign using my caching name which is CoronaKid. From what I've seen most people do the same. That way if you log the find in the computer, the cache placer can verify by matching up your name in the logbook.

Otherwise, the cache placer would have no way of knowing which logs are legit. Right?

--CoronaKid

quote:
what do you sign? Your real name or your forum name?

For regular caches or those with good sized log books, I sign our screen name just below the date of our find. After any meaningless prose I write I sign my first name and the first names of those in my party. I also do the same on-line.

For micros or where the logbook is getting full, I will simply sign my screen name next to the date of the find.

George

I sign with my geocaching ID.

Just in case the wrong person, or agency, gets the logbook. I don't need someone upset with the cache tracking me down.

Now, how many people PLACING caches add their name, phone number, and/or E-mail address in case the cache needs to be removed?

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

Also a rubber stamp with cachename. I actually prefer people use their cache name. They are much more distinctive and easier to remember than Joe or Bob Somethingorother. When I get E-Mails on the local board people usually use their real names, which leaves me wondering ''now who the heck is that?''

4497_300.jpg