Natchez To Nashville

I am planning a 450 mile bicycle tour event cache for some time this fall (tentative start last Friday in October)

The Tour will follow the Natchez Trace Parkway from end to end (Natchez Ms to Nashville Tn).

The total length is approximately 450 miles.

It will take about 8-9 days to complete.

To get credit for the event you can ride all or any portion of the tour or just meet me along the way.

We will be camping for most of the tour.

We will ride on average 60 miles per day with 15 min breaks about once an hour.

You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the start/end points.

Day 1 Friday night meet at Natchez State Park.

Day 2 Ride from Natchez State Park to Rocky Springs Campground 49 miles

Day 3 Ride from Rocky Springs to Ratliff Ferry 74.4 miles

(Note the Trace through Jackson is not complete we will have to detour through the streets of Jackson the NPS has a map of the best way through)

Day 4 Ratliff Ferry to Jeff Busby 70.5 miles

Day 5 Jeff Busby to Tupelo Visitor Center 74.2 miles

Day 6 Tupelo Visitor Center to Colbert Ferry 62 miles

Day 7 Colbert Ferry to Meriwether Lewis 59.3 miles

Day 8 Meriwether Lewis to Nashville terminus 57.1 miles

I'm not sure yet if we will use a sage wagon to carry most of the gear or if we'll carry it on bike.

If you are interested in participating or have suggestions post a reply to this thread. When more of the details are ironed out

I will post an event on the cache page.

For more info on the Natchez Trace Parkway click here

ok i got some more info the event will start on friday night october 29 at the primative campground at Natchez State Park here are the coordinates i have so far

if anyone lives near the other stops listed above or other campground along the Trace you can post them here

or email them to me.

boftraal@geodining.com

N 31 36.272' W 91 13.909' Natchez State Park

N 32 05.243' W 90 47.911' Rocky Springs

N 32 35.675' W 89 50.353' Ratlif Ferry

The Alababa Rambler has voluntered to drive along the way. Carry extra gear food,etc. He can also shuttle people ridding part of the trace back to there cars.

I know not everybody is intrested in ridding all 450 miles but if your intrested in ridding just few miles that will be ok and you'll have a ride back to your car.

Keep us posted to the dates, as I'd like the opportunity to join you, if only for a day or two. If you go past May... I might not be able to do that though.

Where did you find information about the completion? And which sections are you referring to? The part through Jackson... and also the Trace actually doesn't go into Natchez, yet.

Jamie