Bison Tubes - Stencils - Tb Tags - Rubber Stamps

I just got my brand new custom made stamp and I can say without a doubt.

THIS IS ONE NICE STAMP! I couldn't have asked for better and the price was incredible. The detail is amazing and you guys did everything I gave you.

Thanks so much! Very happy customer and repeat customer when I come up with another design!

;):D:lol:

I've got a few ideas for some products that some might like and I'm looking for feedback.

I've been in the sign business off and on for the past 15 years and can cut vinyl stickers because I still own my own equipment.

Who would like white vinyl lettering to put on their vehicles rear windows that let people know you're a geocacher?

Here are a few tongue-in-cheek ideas:

8cdff29c-b10a-4c71-9221-b31931871d2e.jpg

Of course, I can do other stuff--even your stamp images--in vinyl. We've got our stamp image on the back on my truck.

No, I can't do the gc.com logo for licensing reasons though I have one of those on my truck, too. The G+ symbol would be no problem though.

Let me know what you think!

CR

CR, I just read your post where you were showing some vinyl sticker ideas and was wanting some feedback. I think these are great and I would like to purchase at least four of those signs that say "Geocacher on Board--Expect frequent erratic stops" , if you have any of these made up. I would like to give them to my fellow geocaching crew around here. I like this concept and am sure my partners will too.

You are currently making me a stamp of my new avatar, and I would also like to have a vinyl sticker of it too if you could possibly add it to my order along with the above stickers and other items.

I want to thank you and Sissy for all the help and ideas you have given me. Keep up the good work.

LSUFan

Cr & Sissy, I just wanted to drop ya a note here in the forums bragging on your products and exceptional service that I have received. . I've been emailing all my geocaching friends and trying to spread the word about you the best I can.

I've been communicating with my ole buddy Nyvram1 up in Tennessee. I think he has or is placing an order with you as I type this. I know he is wanting to get some stamps made for his Scout Troop also.

I just want everyone who reads these forums to know what an asset CR & Sissy are to the sport.

Thanks

LSUFan

..and here I am! My ears were burning. :D

Yes, I've got quite a little adventure worked up for 9 unsuspecting (well 8 unsuspecting) 1st grade Tiger scouts.

Our den leader rocks...he's a lighting engineer (he just did the Oprah set last week) and has a really nice woodworking shop so the kids have been getting to help out on real projects; no paper animal faces for us. B) We are having the kids make walking sticks out of red cedar (cut right from a tree..sssh), etc. so the projects are fun for both parents and kids.

Anyway, so I'm planning to go all out. Thanks to the cache-friendly environment here in Nashville; our local Warner Parks actually was the 2nd in the nation I believe to authorize the placement of dozens of caches around the park (its a big wooded park) I think we can pull off a caching trip where the kids will get to design & put together their own stamps (thanks for the 'den logo' suggestion, LSUfan), learn how to register on geocaching and log their visits, learn how to use a GPS and hopefully each find a cache! Its going to be a lot of fun and if anyone has any suggestions here to add to it, do tell. NOTE I'm trying to find a cheap source for 9 ammo cans and I'm more than happy to pick up the bill for the stamps (and possibly bison tubes too) just to get them all hooked on this (and their parents). I also plan to have the kids paint & stencil their ammo cans with their info so they can use in the future as their caching toolkit. They're all going to share my eTrex so I might need the 'battery bandolier' as well. :D

Anyway, I'll have a big write up complete with pics after our outing. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of doing this but with everyone's help, I want it to be the best one. We're shooting for sometime in late October.

Please email or shoot me other (cheap) suggestions for this I might not have thought of!

Edited by nyvram

A word on using Paypal to pay for items on our store.

We've had a couple people mention a $1.95 fee upon signing up with Paypal. I couldn't remember what this fee was for so I went to investigate. This fee will be charged when you sign up and add a credit card to your account. This is called "Expanded Use Fee."

The site will charge your card $1.95. You will need to verify the charge in order to use that card. On the line item of that charge on your credit card statement will be a randomly generated 4 digit number. You will use that number to verfiy you have access to that card. It's a basic security measure similar to verifying an email account by someone sending you an email and you clicking on a link.

You get the number off your statement or if you have access to your card's activity online you can get it that way.

You will get that fee back. Quoting the website, "The Expanded Use Fees will be credited to your PayPal Account as a bonus. You will receive the $1.95 USD bonus in your PayPal Account balance within 24 hours of successfully sending a completed payment using the credit card that completed the Expanded Use Enrollment Process." So verify the card and make a payment, get that $1.95 credited to your Paypal account. While there is some money being moved around, you are still basically signing up for free.

I do need to change my webpage to reflect a change from when I started this. You can pay for the merchandise without signing up with no additional charge if you are paying via credit card. I've verified this through actually doing it. Just when you go to check out, find "If you do not currently have a PayPal account" and click the button next to it.

I hope this clears up some confusion on this issue and thank you for your patronage.

~CR

Edited by CoyoteRed

Bison tubes for emergency information...

Would you want them in green or black? I don't have much of a selection in any other color. I can get them, but I just ordered a batch.

The other colors are red, blue, gold/orange, and purple.

Red would probably be the best color for something like this, don't you think?

Red with a white engraved cross on it perhaps?

I know this has nothing to do with you guys but PayPal has been leaving more and more of a bad taste in my mouth over the years. I'll still use them, but only for small things. I don't know if I trust them to help me move big purchases on eBay, nor do I particularly like the rather large cut they take off my transaction, and then again when they charge me currency conversion fees (to convert $USD into $CAD) and then AGAIN through a crappy exchange rate.

Sissy and CR, I just got my order in today. I really like the stamp and holder for it. I want to thank ya again for all the help and info on getting an avatar made to make a stamp out of. I just have one more request. Can ya make me a stamp of a hundred dollar bill? :)

I'm just kidding--------unless you can do it, then I'm serious :D

Thanks again

LSUFan

Now here's a question I haven't seen yet. Gift Certificates. Can you do them and How would you do them. I'm considering another Poker game here in Louisville and may be requiring that the ANTE used in the game be Geocaching related; i.e. Gift Certificates or Geocaching items. To that end I would like to possibly create a list of available websites that have products or issue Gift Certificates. Thus the question. Let me know. Here is a link to the first Poker Game cache page.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...0f-56fae8e69893

There were three caches involved. Quite entertaining.

Bryan of Team Singchihuahua

Edited by Team Singchihuahua

Sorry about the delay in responding...CR and I have been thinking this over.

At this time, we do not feel we could easily add gift certificates to the list of things we offer ;) . As a small part-time thing run out of our spare bedroom, we do not have a way to conveniently deal with the extra issues that would entail- what to do about change leftover and how to issue them in such a way as to prevent their re-use- being some of them.

However, if you would like to get some physical items to use, we can custom engrave them. Drop me an e-mail with exactly what you are looking for and we will go from there.

Sissy

Sissy & CR, Have ya gave any more thought to engraving those Bison Tubes for emergency numbers and contact info. We were discussing something like engraving "Open in case of Emergency" on them earlier in the forums. I have a friend who definitely wants some of those if ya do decide to make them.

CR, you started this good idea, we just need you to follow it thru. ;)

thanks

LSUFan

I'll take the one left in red and two more in black. Whenever you get some more reds in, I'll get a few more of those also. Also I would love to get my hands on some of those geocaching window clings whenever you do make those. I know you told me earlier you would make some whenever you had time to get to your supplier.

It's beginning to look that this spare bedroom hobby is turning into a job. That just goes to show you, when you have good products & service like you and Sissy do, people are going to want them. I know I sure do. It kinda reminds me of the famous movie excerpt "If you build it, they will come"----------------right to Sissy & CR's online geocaching store. :mad:

Thanks

LSUFan

Well, I just emailed y'all my order.

My check (along with my order, just so you know what the check is for) will be in the mail tomorrow, stamped with my last 37 cent stamp.

I just came up with an awesome idea for a signature card, thanks to y'all, so I figured I better scrape together the money for that one stamp. (And I'm feeling guilty about using the avitar and having not ordered the stamp)

Can't wait to get it, seeing how many glowing reviews y'all have gotten on here since I first requested it!

By the way would my avatar be able to be made into a stamp?

Your avatar has three colors overlapping. That is always hard to translate into lineart.

With modifications it could be done. New art would have to be created.

EDIT: forgot to add: Many times stamp art translates well to vinyl stickers.

Edited by CoyoteRed

Sissy and Cr, I received the bison tubes for emergency numbers along with the vinyl stickers today. I like them. I'll try to post a pic of my truck here, once I get the sticker of my logo put on the back window. Thanks

LSUFan

P.S. This was the first weekend that I got to use my avatar stamp that ya made for me. It worked great. I showed it to some fellow geocachers that we met at a cache. Don't be surprised if they become customers. They really liked it.

New item in the store.

Keep your rechargable batteries together with a "battery bandolier."

Check it out.

CR

I just got my order!!! Thanks!!! :lol: These things are great. :blink:

I also really appreciate you taking care of the special order (AAA batteries). And to have them so quickly too. I've already got my batteries snuggled in their new holders, just waiting until I can get out for caching again.

For anyone interested in these, the D-rings they show in the picture are very wimpy compared to the ones that are included. The ones they include are quite beefy!

Thanks again, this is an excelent idea, and your execution is perfect! And judging by how fast you made them and got them to me, you must have some sweat shop going :D

Thanks,

John

:D:smile::lol: CR, It's taken me forever to post but thanks for the shipment. I cannot believe how tiny the bison tubes are! I'm glad I won't be looking for it! The battery whatchamacallit is cool. The D ring is very high quality. Stitching that would have made me bonkers! hooks perfectly on the backpack. Thanks again. I'm working on trying to get a rubber stamp.