Bison Tubes - Stencils - Tb Tags - Rubber Stamps

Thanks to Sissy-n-CR! I received my stamps, bison tubes, and other goodies today. The quality is much better than I expected. This is probably a hobby for Sissy-n-CR, but I wanted to say that you definately make Geocaching a better activity by providing AFFORDABLE products and services. Well done!

For those that haven't visited their online store... http://www.sissy-n-cr.com/store.shtml

No problem on the AAA batteries. Just go to the site and order the AA one in the size you want and with any extras you would like (additional D-ring or spring clip).

When you check out, there is a place to send a note, just mention that it is for AAA size batteries. You can also send an e-mail to me if you would like.

Since I make these as they are ordered, you may have to give me a few days to get them made up. I think I will have some free time tomorrow, I'll just have to put off painting the ammo can for my new cache a little more! :rolleyes:

Sissy

No problem on the AAA batteries. Just go to the site and order the AA one in the size you want and with any extras you would like (additional D-ring or spring clip).

When you check out, there is a place to send a note, just mention that it is for AAA size batteries. You can also send an e-mail to me if you would like.

Since I make these as they are ordered, you may have to give me a few days to get them made up. I think I will have some free time tomorrow, I'll just have to put off painting the ammo can for my new cache a little more!  :rolleyes:

Sissy

Just sent you the paypal for two AAA size. Please just take your time. Get that cache out first. We geocachers have our priorities.

Thanks very much

I just got my order and I have to say, That is some nice stuff! (quality is the key word here)

I only have one problem and it is my fault, I ordered the 6 place battery holder and now that I have it I see I could of used a 8, oh well just a reason to order more from you. <_<

On a side note, what do you use to cut the stencels?

Thanks for the update CR. Not a problem. I just know that usually you folks are so fast to reply, that I wondered if gremlins ate my email again... :)

Take your time. Once I have an estimate of cost, then I can set up the order. I'm not sure how much it'll cost to convert the file/image over to a vector file you can work with, or even if it will convert.

I will have something else similar (but a larger base image to start with that will reduce down) once we sort out my stamp. The second one will be for my better half.

Thanks again, and I hope your computer woes work themselves out soon!

--Vic303

We regret that we're having to drop the stamps product line.

I believe that I have enough materials to complete all of the orders I have inhouse. I will know if I have enough to complete them all by the end of the evening and will post an update.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

CR

That is a shame but understandable. Your quality of work was impeccable.

Damenace

Thanks for the letterbox stamp. I'm so glad I got my order in "under the wire." It's a shame you can't continue such excellent work, but I understand how it is. If anyone ever finds a replacement for such an awesome product at such a great price point, be sure and post it!

I've been on the lookout for somewhere to get a rubber stamp (two, actually) made but haven't had much luck yet. It sounds as though everyone is saying, "You really missed out since Sissy-n-CR quit making them..."

Do you have suggestions as to other places to go to?

Do you have suggestions as to other places to go to?

About the best I can do it visit your local office supply big-box store--Office Depot, Staples, Officemax, etc.--and get a "knob stamp" from them. You can then keep the knob on or if you need something smaller for your pack, pull the knob off.

Most should be able to provide just the stamp, itself. You can mount it on something suitable. I know of one technique is to glue the stamp to the top of a stamp pad--not the hinged type obviously. You'll always have you stamp and pad together. Simply take the top off and stamp in.

Hope this helps.

About the best I can do it visit your local office supply big-box store--Office Depot, Staples, Officemax, etc.--and get a "knob stamp" from them.

I was meaning a custom-made stamp. Something that I could put beneath my log in the logbook, along the same lines as Letterboxing stamps. I can make my design in Photoshop, but I don't know of anywhere that can turn that design into a stamp without charging me an arm and a leg. (The past suggestions to carve my own are interesting, but I have very few artistic skills outside of the digital world.)

You might check with your local Boy Scout camp. I know that at our camp there is always someone there who is a wood carver. I can't imagine that working with the rubber stamp material is much different. Perhaps one of them can carve the stamp for you.

I might have to do just that. Time to recruit a carver.

About the best I can do it visit your local office supply big-box store--Office Depot, Staples, Officemax, etc.--and get a "knob stamp" from them.

I was meaning a custom-made stamp. Something that I could put beneath my log in the logbook, along the same lines as Letterboxing stamps. I can make my design in Photoshop, but I don't know of anywhere that can turn that design into a stamp without charging me an arm and a leg. (The past suggestions to carve my own are interesting, but I have very few artistic skills outside of the digital world.)

I understand. Those big-box stores can create a custom stamp. It's the not charging an arm and leg part that's the sticking point.

When we first started caching, we bought a pallet of ammo boxes. We used some, gave some away, traded some out for other containers, and sold some here locally. The shipping on them is prohibitive, and I think the best place to get them online is CheaperthanDirt.com

I only have a handful left -I can actually see the garage wall now. I have one ready to be placed, just have to get the rubber boots and headlamps out. :laughing: Several are being used to store cache stuff.

I *try* to fill the orders as soon as they come in. Sometimes I have to wait for CR to make more stock, and any order for battery holders will take a little longer. The holders are made when they are ordered, and it sometimes takes a day or two to find the time to do them.

You got lucky! :laughing:

Wish I had a camera to catch people's expressions at a dinner with some caching friends when I showed them the new bison tubes I received with my South African geocoins. They were thinking RLTW's Arctic Air cache was small, but these have 'em beat! Just the ticket for busy urban areas or a rural "revenge" cache. Sissy & CR's battery holder is just the ticket, too, for keeping batteries straight in my caching pack. I just start from the D-ring end swap out batteries, placing the spent batteries upside down relative to the good batteries. Great service, great pricing, great packaging! May not grow to the size of HP, but still a neat garage business.

Well, folks, I no longer have access to the machine that I used to make or mark some of our products. Some items are already out of stock, others have limited stock.

We are out of TB instruction tags, short on marked Bison tubes, and have a few stencils left.

I've marked the items that we are out of and have short supply.

Thanks.

CR has changed the site to remove the items he can no longer provide. The remaining stencils, Traveller tags and marked Bison tubes will be sold on eBay.

CR wants everyone to know it is my idea to dispose of the remaining stock in this manner. His position at work was 'eliminated' by the new owners :o , and I am not ashamed to admit that any extra funds generated by listing the items on eBay will be a help.

The unmarked Bison tubes, battery holders, magnets and decals will still be available through the site. We have the machine to make the decals in the garage.

Thanks for your understanding!

Sissy

Well, folks, I no longer have access to the machine that I used to make or mark some of our products. Some items are already out of stock, others have limited stock.

We are out of TB instruction tags, short on marked Bison tubes, and have a few stencils left.

I've marked the items that we are out of and have short supply.

Thanks.

That sucks!!! :D

Now excuse me I have to hoard the stencils I still have. :P