Can You Do This To Log Caches?

Im not sure if this is 'over doing it' to prove you visited a cache, but let me ask. Im still kinda new with just under 30 finds, but i am wanting to attempt this urban out of state micro. I am going to with old the name of the cache and such.

but its a micro with a log. but the owner also states that you have to send him the name of the street the cache is located on. (the street was once used but is closed and is a walking path now) and the colors of the fences that follow the road/trail.

I know with virtuals you have to send them some sorta answer to the owner, but is that over doing it with a cache that you found and signed the log? wouldnt signing the log be proof enough?

just curious, it seems like its really over doing it.

aj

Actually, giving the name of the street isn't such a surefire way to verify a find on the cache, since it can probably be referenced online and even be seen on the GC maps on the cache page...

But cache owners can ask for anything they want for verification, it's their cache after all...(well, kinda... ;) )

It may be that there is something interesting or historic about the old street name (and the fence colors?) that the cache owner wants to be sure that visitors notice. I once found a virtual that required emailing the cache owner the street name. It was something like "Dead Cat Alley". When visitors get it right the cache owner emails the story of how the street got its name.

I've done a few like this and also have to vote for owner laziness.

I recently found a micro where you had to find the cache, provide information from a nearby object, and upload a photo at the site. Sheesh!

I think I'll start asking people to do the hokey-pokey at my cache sites.

J has two caches in which he requested that the finder email us a quote or saying adhered to the lid of the container. However, we do not delete logs if we don't receive confirmation..it's more of an experiment. We have also found a few caches with the same requirement and view it no differently than confirming a virtual cache. We are responsible cachers / cache owners and like to think that everyone else is as well. I think it is all a matter of perspective. After all, if someone logs a cache they did not actually find, whose reputation is at stake? Not mine. .........S.