Cito Event!

Sorry about the short notice, due to a case of miscommunication between my self and the Steward of Fflint Football Social Club, I have finally confirmed a date for what I believe is Wales very first CITO Event. To be held on the 17th of July, with the permission of CADW, at Fflint Castle, Fflintshire, Wales. Start time aprox 11.30hrs, Finnish time aprox 13.30hrs, with a get-together and buffet immediately afterwards, in Fflint Football Club. Who are located next to the castle, and are Sponsoring the event by opening up their facilities free of charge for our get-together. Full details available on the cache page,Castle Clean Up, which will be available to view as soon as our great UK reviewers approve it (grovel, creep, ;))

Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher

Sounds like another great event by you Dave, but sadly I will be in Bristol that weekend. Hope you all have fun and at least I won't leave anything behind this time :blink:

(Must come and get that off you some time)

Sorry you can't make it for this one, I'll get you for the next one. Don't worry I'm working on a plan to return your lost property :lol:. On a different note, I've just spoke to Flintshire County Council, and they are lending me some pick up sticks, and are also providing gloves and bin bags.

On a different note, I've just spoke to Flintshire County Council, and they are lending me some pick up sticks, and are also providing gloves and bin bags.

That's really good of them, I must admit to wondering about what we were going to use. In these days where "Health & Safety Rules" we do need the proper equipment to protect ourselves, and after all we are doing their job for them aren't we. Though we will be having a good day out in the bargain. We are really looking forward to it.

Going off topic (sort of) Have you not thought about becoming the Wales Co-ordinator for the new e-mag?

Joan

:lol::):P:blink::)

Going off topic (sort of) Have you not thought about becoming the Wales Co-ordinator for the new e-mag?

Joan

I've written a short(ish) article for it about the creation of the sig display board, just got to sort out a few photos, before sending it in. Wait until you've read that, and it might not seem such a good idea :blink:. On the equipment side, I forgot to mention that we are also being supplied with a sharps container (seems this is standard for all clean up events), but having been around the area today with 4PawDrive. There is no signs that it will be needed. The area is a dog walkers paradise, and that also includes 4 Paw members of the North Wales Police Force, who also use the car park along with local council workers for their refs breaks (there is a lovely view of the castle and estuary).

Dave

Joan

I've written a short(ish) article for it about the creation of the sig display board, just got to sort out a few photos, before sending it in. Wait until you've read that, and it might not seem such a good idea :).

I'm sure you will do a brilliant job Dave.

Welcome to the team.

Joan

:P:blink::):lol::D

(I think it's showing up as the wrong date in the calendar though)

All sorted now :laughing:, when I first started the cache page I put the 17th for the date, I hadn't realised that on subsequent editing that the date had reverted to the current date. As I started working on the event in February, the page was edited several times. The delay in listing was due to the fact that when I spoke to Fflint Football Social Clubs Steward, we did not immediately confirm a date, and I subsequently had problems getting hold of him.

Dave

Hi Dave: Thanks for your note about this event, (You are a great event arranger! :( ) and yes Mr and Mrs HL are planning to be there.

In fact I have dragged out my own personal pickup stick (wicked prize from The Times newspaper) and also MADE !!!! another "Blue Peter" pickupstick from a pair of cut down kitchen tongs (99p Morrisons) two aluminium tubes, and a quantity of sticky tape. Will it hold up???????????- that is the question!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Also I have got a couple of those "pop up" laundry basket thingies for putting the trash into as we walk about.

So we are kitted out for the trash heap, sorry castle Keep!

David and Rachel

Seeing Seasiders choice of transport, any one need some fantastic rose fertilizer :D. All are welcome , it's a find even if you only make it for the buffet and get-together (starting after all the works done B) at about 13.30). And I'm working on a environmentally and defiantly not trash, log book :D (which I will be posting to CADW, the castles guardians). The more the merrier for what I started as a PR exercise for Geocaching in the Uk.

Dave

:P Soon be Saturday 1_4_39v.gif

For me it all starts Friday :P, go and collect the pickup sticks, gloves, bags from the cleansing depot. get the rest of the supplies for the buffet, create the direction signs. Next time I'll stop and think before jumping in with both feet ^_^ . And to top it all "SheWhoMustBeObeyed" has banned me from organising any more events this year, she says 3 is enough (roll on 1st January 05). See you all on Saturday.

Dave :D

For one who only came in time for the socializing and food, I must add my most sincere thanks to Dave and Jeanette and Space Wolf/Dolly Girl for all their efforts to make this a success and also to all who turned up and did the work as I should have.

I have added a couple of photos of the Castle Cleaners to my log.

Edited by John Stead

Will everyone who attended please stand up and take a bow :blink: as you are all "STARS"! The amount of rubbish that was collected, was amazing. The event has been a brilliant way to introduce CADW to geocaching. Don't forget to keep visiting Geocaching Today were I'm sure you will find 2 reports on the event (with 2 regional coordinators there :() and photographs (including photos I'm told, of the arm chair rush :P by Space Wolf) by GT's official photographer Joan.

A very, totally amazed Dave :o

Well the amount of rubbish removed on the day can be seen in this Article, by Joan who was strong armed into writing it :mad: (she's a better writer than I am B) ). One thing if any one looking at the photo of the car, can't see what is being towed, please let me know. So that I know its not just my browser <_< , and can get Inuk to sort it out (might be a case of to much multi tasking :D ).

Dave, working on another Event? :)

Hi Dave can see the cahir etc.

funny thing is, when I first read the article I saw all the picture, now Ionly see the car, and there is space between the choped of edge of the picture, and the edge of the page. :mad:

Thats me in the stripey shirt taking a break. (skiving) Thanks Joan

You shoudn't have owned up :), we wern't going to name and shame <_<

Dave, Shhs don't tell the other half I'm organising again :D

]What you up to now Dave

No details yet, until I've got something firm sorted out, I've put out feelers to one or two people :o, and had a good responce. All I'll say for now is end of November, begining of December, and the best part is "SheWhoHasToBeObeyed" is all for it :D (THIS TIME IT WILL BE NICE AND DRY ;) ).

You are welcome, I tell it as it is, that was my hubby Mark aka Cave Troll skiving with you in the piccy

As I said I wasn't naming and shaming :P, the lads were just the unlucky ones to be caught on camera :)! Joans photos have been forwarded to Flintshire CC PR department, hopefuly to appear in one of the local papers :D.

With the permision of "SheWhoHasToBeObeyed" Dave :)

As I said I wasn't naming and shaming ;), the lads were just the unlucky ones to be caught on camera :o! Joans photos have been forwarded to Flintshire CC PR department, hopefuly to appear in one of the local papers :).

Name as much as you wish

I have no shame!

Enjoy getting wet and muddy Anytime

Cheers

Tony