State or Private land!

Guest Quinnow

Guest Quinnow

I am not certain if this is already shown here in the forums or not, but I think it would be a good idea to have it a rule and maybe even when a cache is hidden and entered into the site that a check box be added next to an entry asking if it was hidden on public or private land.

A cache I just went to was about 50 miles from me and had posted land everywhere I looked, though there was a single tiny area that was a public park lot. To some if this is missed they will go on private land not knowing. Don't want grandpa out with his trusty old salt shooting shotgun!

Guest Krepism

I think you might be right! I went to a cache yesterday, and it had postings all over the place. The instructions from the person who left it were "you will be crossing some private land but stay on the trails and you will be ok". So I thought, no problem but then some one by a house starting yelling at us. He went away, but I felt very uncomfortable the entire time I was up there. I think that people need to state if we have permission to cross the private property line or not. If not, maybe a more detailed statement that there is a way around if you look.

Guest 300mag

When hiding a cache i try to place it where people would have a safe parking spot.( out of the way) .Somewhere where people wont worrie about what is this car doing there? Also try to find public land or ask the neighboring people about the land who is the owner etc). Get permission from the owner explaining about the game and asking any suggestions on where to hide the cache. Bring im along he might get hooked and join us. Most of the people wont mind as long as they know what you are up to . It is also a good idea to have the geocache letter with the cache in case something comes up .