Please Help!

LITE BUNCH

:oI AM NEW TO GPS UNITS BUT I AM WANTING TO ADD MORE DETAILED MAP INFO TO MY NEW GARMIN GPSMAP 60C. I HAVE LOOKED AT "MAPSOURCE METROGUIDE" VERSION 5 BUT IT STATES THAT automatic route calculation works on the PC only NOT on the GPS itself. WHAT DOES THAT EXACTLY MEAN? LIKE I SAID, I AM NEW TO THIS GPS AND NOT FAMILIER IF automatic route calculation IS SOMETHING THAT I REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OR NEED BECAUSE GARMIN'S OTHER PROGRAM, WHICH IS GARMIN "CITY SELECT" VER.5 DOES OFFER AUTOMATIC ROUTE CALCULTION ON BOTH THE PC AND GPS. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHICH OF THE TWO PROGRAMS WOULD BE BETTER. PLEASE HELP

Auto routing on a 60C(S) works by selecting a destination and telling it to go to it. The unit then calculates the route (fastest or shortest based on your preference) and directs you step by step of the way. It tells you how long and how far until your next turn, etc.

Yep! I've got City Select on my Garmin 60cs and it works like a charm! Helps me get to caches and addresses I am unfamiliar with MUCH easier than trying to find it on a paper map.

Sometimes it takes me on a weird route but it always gets me there! :o I wonder sometimes WHY it picked the ruote it did but it always gets me where I need to go!

And if you go off course, it will recalculate the directions so you don't need to make a u-turn and backtrack.

WELL HOW COME IT STATES THAT METROGUIDE WILL NOT DO AUTO ROUTE CALCULATIONS? BUT THAT THE <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>CITY SELECT WILL?</span>

Please change your font/size and unlock caps its rather annoying to me (yes Im self centered :o )

As for why it says that, someone somewhere thought it didn't I guess. Perhaps they fixed something allowing it to work.

You have it? its open? try it. If it works, be happy :D