Moose News

bumblingbs

My antenna started twitching when Bull Moose said they would need lots of restroom breaks on his family road trip.

Then, I see I cache log for High Above the Quill Dam. They had been intending to go to Mount Townsend, but the delicate condition of one member of the party prevented them from going that far.

Bull Moose has confirmed my suspicions, and given me permission to spill the beans.

Wahoo! A calf! A mooselet! Oh geo-joy! :o Congratulations to Bull Moose and Mrs. Bull Moose (Cow Moose?)

Edited by bumblingbs
My antenna started twitching when Bull Moose said they would need lots of restroom breaks on his family road trip.

Then, I see I cache log for High Above the Quill Dam. They had been intending to go to Mount Townsend, but the delicate condition of one member of the party prevented them from going that far.

Bull Moose has confirmed my suspicions, and given me permission to spill the beans.

Wahoo! A calf! A mooselet! Oh geo-joy! :o Congratulations to Bull Moose and Mrs. Bull Moose (Cow Moose?)

Congrats to the Bull Moose family!!!

Congrats Mr. & Mrs Moose. This time next year you will be hauling the young one behind your bike on some 4 X 4 Cache. Expect a somewhat different life style. So Chewie is getting a new brother or sister. Maybe both. Dick, W7WT

Thanks all. I'm a bit worried. My caching has fallen off significantly just since we found out. I'm afraid to see what's going to happen when he or she is born. I have a feeling I better make the most of the rest of the summer and fall. I don't think I'm going to make it to 2000 like Moun10bike. ;) Maybe I should aim for 400.

Yes, Dick, Chewie is going to be a big "brother." Hopefully he takes to the roll. He loves little kids at the park or when they visit. Hopefully he'll still love one when he or she is around 24/7 and using up all the attention.

Love the picture, Era Seek. I'm going to have to try and find one of those.

My, oh my, Bull Moose, you're a trooper, worrying about things like how having a baby is going to affect your find count. When Adam was born, I was much more mundane, worrying about whether I would ~ever~ sleep again. ;)

;)

All of my friends with kids have been telling me things like that, which I have been blissfully ignoring. :D

Congrats, Bull Moose! ;)

Just for the record, when my first child was only two weeks old, she'd sleep in until 10 if I'd let her. It was great, having a baby who was as much of a night person as me! So stay optimistic, you might just be ok. ;)

I won't even mention my son, the "freak morning person" of the family, because that'll just scare you. Oops!

The good thing is that they make some seriously awesome baby backpacks and frontpacks these days, so you ought to be able to keep upping the find count! :D

Congrats, Bull Moose! :D

Just for the record, when my first child was only two weeks old, she'd sleep in until 10 if I'd let her.  It was great, having a baby who was as much of a night person as me!  So stay optimistic, you might just be ok. ;)

I won't even mention my son, the "freak morning person" of the family, because that'll just scare you.  Oops!

The good thing is that they make some seriously awesome baby backpacks and frontpacks these days, so you ought to be able to keep upping the find count! ;)

You're right. There's no reason to worry about anything. I'm sure it was beyond the range of normal that my child SCREAMED 12 hours a day for 8 months without pause. No naps, no break, just screaming. The only thing that helped at all was a special sort of hop step we did along with the best of Bob Marley CD.

Hey! Before you get too tired, can we make it a geo-event? What better incentive for a new mom than having 40 or 50 people cheering her on in the delivery room? We could waypoint his/her exact entry into this world!

Hey! Before you get too tired, can we make it a geo-event? What better incentive for a new mom than having 40 or 50 people cheering her on in the delivery room? We could waypoint his/her exact entry into this world!

I'm going to say probably not.... but only because those delivery suites in Silverdale are pretty small. :lol:

This is going to be the first grandbaby on both sides, so I think there may be so many grandmas in there, there may not be room for the Old Man (Sheesh, I called my dad that my whole life and now I hate the phrase. :blink: )

Just for the record, when my first child was only two weeks old, she'd sleep in until 10 if I'd let her. It was great, having a baby who was as much of a night person as me! So stay optimistic, you might just be ok. :blink:

Yes. I'm going to assume that. :lol:

Thanks for some encouraging news.

I'm going to say probably not.... but only because those delivery suites in Silverdale are pretty small. :blink:

This is going to be the first grandbaby on both sides, so I think there may be so many grandmas in there, there may not be room for the Old Man (Sheesh, I called my dad that my whole life and now I hate the phrase. :lol: )

But seriously, tell us the due date, and can I please plan the geo-shower, if it would please Mrs. Moose?

I'm going to say probably not.... but only because those delivery suites in Silverdale are pretty small. :blink:

This is going to be the first grandbaby on both sides, so I think there may be so many grandmas in there, there may not be room for the Old Man (Sheesh, I called my dad that my whole life and now I hate the phrase. :lol: )

Oh, but the suites are very comfy. Somehow I managed to sleep there quite often. Perhaps that was because I was so tired! :)

Congratulations Bull Moose and family!

But seriously, tell us the due date, and can I please plan the geo-shower, if it would please Mrs. Moose?

She's just about done with the first trimester, so it's still a ways off - Jan. 27 - 2 days before my 30th BD. But since we both like to sleep in, we're thinking more like Super Bowl Sunday. (That's Feb. 1, for anyone that doesn't follow the NFL.)

I'm sure there'd be no objections to a geo-shower.

She's just about done with the first trimester, so it's still a ways off - Jan. 27 - 2 days before my 30th BD. But since we both like to sleep in, we're thinking more like Super Bowl Sunday. (That's Feb. 1, for anyone that doesn't follow the NFL.)

You're 29 and worrying about being "the old man?" OK, freeze frame this moment, and look back on it in 15 years. You'll be a little worried then, but still telling yourself how young you are. :blink:

Karen 46

Adam 6

Edited by bumblingbs

Be there, or be square---

November 20th, unless there's some important playoff game. How can there be? Bernie Kosar long since retired, we're done.

November 20th, unless there's some important playoff game. How can there be? Bernie Kosar long since retired, we're done.

But that's the Apple Cup!!

A big Congrats go out to the Moose family. I had my first when I was 30, it's the perfect age to start a family. Make sure you pick out a few good 1/1 caches to grab on the way home from the hospital. Start the kid out right.

November 20th, unless there's some important playoff game. How can there be?  Bernie Kosar long since retired, we're done.

But that's the Apple Cup!!

OK, see how far out of the loop I am? Apple cup? Mr B. knew this one, but I'm lost. Did I tell you that I'm from New Jersey? Is that enough of an excuse?

Pick a day, any day, in November that doesn't involve turkeys or football.

Got a restaurant you like? Tell us! We can handle pickles and ice cream for a good cause. (As long as we can drown that mess in micro-brews). Let's welcome the mooselet into this world! Life is good!

Got a restaurant you like? Tell us! We can handle pickles and ice cream for a good cause. (As long as we can drown that mess in micro-brews). Let's welcome the mooselet into this world! Life is good!

Any of those Saturdays in November would work for us.

We're from Wisconsin, and watch the Badger games on our dish, but that's why I have TiVo. :blink:

If November 6 suits you, we'll stick with it. Mrs. Moose will still be comfortable at that time, with a due date in early February. I'll be busy planning a different event, Spookfest, for probably October 23rd, so will be open for help and suggestions as to how to best arrange a party to welcome the mooselet into this world. If anyone want to help, if you have any bright ideas, or if you want to suggest a restaurant, please do so here or e-mail me privately. Thanks!

Edited by bumblingbs

Congrats to the whole Moose family!

We've followed the Bull Moose & Chewie cache logs and foot steps like true caching fans. Always nice to hear a few family is starting.

the shop99ers

FYI...having a dog with a baby/kid is actually the best thing in the world...they can clean them up faster and better than you can! Ever seen a kid with a dirty face in a family that has a friendly dog?

Congratulations. Enjoy that sweet girl now...before she grows up, gets an attitude and asks for the car keys...hey wanna trade? Mine is potty trained...and has insurance! ;)

The commute will be hell, but I'm up for babysitting! I even change diapers. (give me a few hours to cache my way over...) ;)

Thanks everyone. She is named after her two late gread-grandmothers. Figured the two living ones would actually get to hold her, so it was more than a fair trade.

Just swinging by the forums between trips to the hospital and back. Since so many cachers were at the geo-shower, I felt I needed to let this community know as soon as I could.

Now back to the hospital for the night.

Can't wait to take her on her first hunt. ;)