100th Cache Recommendations Nc

We are told that a geocacher's 100th find is a very special milestone and we would like to make a trip out to either the NC mountains (Blowing Rock, Grandfather or Asheville) or the the Outer Banks or Wilmington to seek a memorable cache for our 100th find. :mad:

We want a memorable find...but nothing extreme like Tube Torture or the sort. <_< We like multis that end in a full sized cache with something to trade...possibly collectibles :mad: . We have done difficulty 4s and some level 3 or 4 terrains. Preferrably we would like the multi to contain less than five stages <_< and include some reasonable distance that can be covered in a single dedicated outing. We also would like some unique or memorable containers or hides :mad: . We also have the additional constraint that the cache needs to be practical for my six year old regular caching assistant. My six year old has a maximum hiking distance of 8 miles :mad: .

Any memorable caches in these areas that you believe meet the criteria that you would recommend for our 100th find?

Thanks,

The Callan Crew

After hearing that the 100th find is the most memorable, we sought the advice of many experienced geocachers to locate a very special multi near the beach or mountains of NC for our 100th find. By all accounts The Carolina Coastal Challenge cache is a thriller. When the Jeep TB got logged in our chosen cache two days before our departure we knew that Navigatus, the god of geocaching, had smiled upon us.

We gallivanted up and down the NC coast, logging over 470 miles over two days before returning home. On our journey we encountered pirates, sharp cutlasses, skulls, several shrunken heads, cannons, gunpowder, a half dozen peg-legs, pints of ale, several monkeys and one really famished 14 foot alligator. We crossed sea, land and air. We heard sailing songs and battle cries. We were forced to walk the plank and learn to sail (paid for the lesson, of course). We even got stranded on an uninhabited island to boot.

Dialing knobs, turning cranks we added and subtracted. We triangulated and paced. We circled and got lost…again. Alas, after many trials and tribulations (not the least of which was trying to secure a hotel room at 10PM on a Saturday night on the coast during the height of tourist season) we were awarded our prize. Yes indeedy, we swiped the highly coveted Jeep TB from our chosen cache! In its stead we launched our very own travel bug to commemorate our most memorable geocaching adventure and 100th cache find.

Upon finding the stash and posing for photo ops, Addison, my six-year old fellow adventurer remarked, "Dad, this is the best day of my life so far. I am really happy you got your Jeep." Well, you cannot top that for a father and son weekend of geocaching.

Thanks very much to Nittany Dave (who, BTW hid our very first cache and our very first micro cache find) for pointing us to The Carolina Coastal Challenge. Thanks also to CrotalusRex of T.S.M.Ex.T for taking such great pains to create such an excellent geocache. Thanks also to my wife, Lisa, for buying the 100th cache celebratory cake that Addison and I returned home to eat. Thanks to all of you who emailed us and posted messages about your favorite geocaches.

The Callan Crew