Pa Advice Needed

OneOfEm

We're going to be passing through Pennsylvania on our way to visit my In-Laws in VT in a few weeks. We'll be heading up I-81 to I-78 east. We're planning a stop somewhere along this stretch, and will likely have a few late afternoon hours to hit a few caches.

Does anyone have suggestions on a good place to stop with a nice cache or 3 that shouldn't be missed if we're in the area?

Thanks!

-OOE

For sheer volume anywhere in SE PA, But especially the York/Harrisbugh area. Any reason why you are cutting over on 78 to go to VT? If you take 81-> 84 You can avoid the New York City Traffic.

In Northeast PA I would choose

1. anything by rich in NEPA (Most of these are within 5 miles of 81&84)

2. JQ007-Rickets Glen -A Long cache in My Second Favorite park in the state. About a 45 min drive from the interstate (Plan a whole day for the cache and be sure to visit at least Ganoga Falls. )

3. If you want hills anything by renegadejane

Hope this helps.

Darkcacher

Any reason why you are cutting over on 78 to go to VT? If you take 81-> 84 You can avoid the New York City Traffic.

Depending on the time of day you pass through, traffic there won't be an issue and actually 95 is an ever better route (unless you hit it at rush hour).

There are some very nice caches just off of route I78, the AT runs right along this area as well. There are some easier caches with shorter hikes, and there are also some longer ones, and some with intense inclines. Cabelas is also right off of I78 where it intersects route 61, its huge, you can't miss it, cool store, but the food sucks.

Here are some caches in that area you caould look at, some are long day hikes, some are shorter.

Eagles Nest

Werts Hollow

Hooties Cubby

Rattling Run

Edited by Polgara