El Diablo: Did The Cat Get Your Tongue?

What has happened to my old buddy, El Diablo? Our forums sometimes are heated, and a little of the devil gets into all of us occassionally. El Diablo has (most) always been a level headed and reasonable poster to these forums, until recently.

His recent tirade in a topic that is now closed was out of character and blatant. He has not posted in these forums since that episode.

Is it possible that he has been banned? Or perhaps he is geociding (not likely)? Maybe he is just busy carving hiking staffs, or working on Today's Cacher. Could he be on vacation? Did Sparky send him a wet cat? Maybe RK slipped him a mickey?

It's amusing to me that some of our most prolific posters sometimes just become invisible for days, weeks, and even months at a time after a flurry of intense posting (myself included, I suppose). Then, suddenly they're back, as if nothing ever happened.

Well, whatever, El Diablo, your wisdom, sly humor, and sometimes crass, blatantly obvious logic is a balancing agent in these forums. Come back and stir the cauldron again. <_<

I agree with CR.....there are times when it's best to give yourself a self-imposed ban. I have done it before myself, though when I did, I wasn't missed. Also, it's best not to announce that you are leaving the forums for a while. Then there isn't a big stir and threads about "Sparky's Geocide".....once you get that hullabaloo, then you come back, everyone starts threads about "Sparky's Shortlived Geocide" and make fun of you for not sticking to your guns. Also, by not mentioning it, people will start threads asking where you are, and wondering if you've been banned. <_<

For the record, I did not send ED a wet cat..

What has happened to my old buddy, El Diablo? Our forums sometimes are heated, and a little of the devil gets into all of us occassionally. El Diablo has (most) always been a level headed and reasonable poster to these forums, until recently.

His recent tirade in a topic that is now closed was out of character and blatant. He has not posted in these forums since that episode.

Is it possible that he has been banned? Or perhaps he is geociding (not likely)? Maybe he is just busy carving hiking staffs, or working on Today's Cacher. Could he be on vacation? Did Sparky send him a wet cat? Maybe RK slipped him a mickey?

It's amusing to me that some of our most prolific posters sometimes just become invisible for days, weeks, and even months at a time after a flurry of intense posting (myself included, I suppose). Then, suddenly they're back, as if nothing ever happened.

Well, whatever, El Diablo, your wisdom, sly humor, and sometimes crass, blatantly obvious logic is a balancing agent in these forums. Come back and stir the cauldron again. <_<

I took 5 days off to cool down and to give others a chance to cool off also. I did get out of character and said some things that was probably best left unsaid. I also broke some forum rules and for that I banned myself for a few days.

I know I lost the respect of some people that I respect. I regret that. I'm not making excuses for what I said...just how I said them. These past few months have not been the best in my life. I have spent the last 6 of 7 weeks on the road. I've had to lay off dozens of good people because of mis-management, and I take this personally. To top it off, last week my stepfather of 35 years passed away while I was on the road and I missed his funeral. So to sum it all up, it was a bad week.

I'm going on vacation this week to see the folks, kids, and grandkids. I hope this will help me get things back into perspective. Unfortunately my signature line is too true.

El Diablo

What has happened to my old buddy, El Diablo?  Our forums sometimes are heated, and a little of the devil gets into all of us occassionally.  El Diablo has (most) always been a level headed and reasonable poster to these forums, until recently.

His recent tirade in a topic that is now closed was out of character and blatant.  He has not posted in these forums since that episode.

Is it possible that he has been banned?  Or perhaps he is geociding (not likely)?  Maybe he is just busy carving hiking staffs, or working on Today's Cacher.  Could he be on vacation?  Did Sparky send him a wet cat?  Maybe RK slipped him a mickey?

It's amusing to me that some of our most prolific posters sometimes just become invisible for days, weeks, and even months at a time after a flurry of intense posting (myself included, I suppose).  Then, suddenly they're back, as if nothing ever happened.

Well, whatever, El Diablo, your wisdom, sly humor, and sometimes crass, blatantly obvious logic is a balancing agent in these forums.  Come back and stir the cauldron again.  <_<

I took 5 days off to cool down and to give others a chance to cool off also. I did get out of character and said some things that was probably best left unsaid. I also broke some forum rules and for that I banned myself for a few days.

I know I lost the respect of some people that I respect. I regret that. I'm not making excuses for what I said...just how I said them. These past few months have not been the best in my life. I have spent the last 6 of 7 weeks on the road. I've had to lay off dozens of good people because of mis-management, and I take this personally. To top it off, last week my stepfather of 35 years passed away while I was on the road and I missed his funeral. So to sum it all up, it was a bad week.

I'm going on vacation this week to see the folks, kids, and grandkids. I hope this will help me get things back into perspective. Unfortunately my signature line is too true.

El Diablo

Enjoy your vacation. Hope you get what you need from it. I can't wait for mine...it's at the end of July.

El D, I'd like to think your reputation is strong enough that it would take a lot more to loss the respect of anyone in here. Every one is allowed to have a bad week, month, year, whatever. Sorry for your recent loss and I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Peace.