Gsak

Mr'D

Hi,

Have I missed a function in the software please?

I have built up a database of cache info in GSAK, from data uploaded from geocaching.com.

To keep current, at the moment I am double-clicking on each record to download the .gpx file for each record.

Is it possible to update the whole database in one shot? I can imaging this will become quote tiresome as the database builds....

Thanks,

Jon

There's what is called Pocket Queries here on GC.com (for paying members) where you can define your select criteria and have a GPX file of all caches that fit that criteria emailed to you. You can drop that into GSAK and it will update all the caches.

I'm assuming you're picking caches in your area. You'd go to http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ which allows you to create a new query, specify the criteria you want such as your zip code, 500 caches within 100 miles that you haven't yet found, that you want it as a GPX file (not a LOC) and to ZIP it. Make sure you at least select today's date at the top otherwise it won't generate it and email it to you. When you get the GPX zipped and mailed to you, drop the GPX onto the GSAK window and you should be golden.