Caches Worth Exiting The Nj Tnpk...

wimseyguy

Next weekend I'm coming back up north to visit family. I have scheduled Saturday as an all day caching day. I'm flying into PHL since the fares were better than EWR and visiting my brother and his family on Friday. So I can exit and seek any cache you recommend between Main Line and New Brunswick. Suggestions?

I also will have most of Sunday to play in Middlesex/Somerset counties area?

I grew up very near Kitegirl's cache at the falls so i might have to get that just for the memories.

Looking for quality over quantity this trip, but not really interested in a five mile slog through a tick infested swamp (save that for November's visit :laughing: )

PS if anyone wants to meet up on Sunday I'd love to meet some NJ cachers.

Edited by wimseyguy

Not much to hit from just off the exits of the Turnpike. But once you get to East Brunswick ...

The Green Cache and Butterfly Park </Shameless Plug> are both caches where the park and walk to the cache are worth the trip.

The Lair of Bob the Bear and Hunter's Hunt, in Six Mile Reservation are nice hunts and walks also.

Any cache along the D&R canal is probably a good bet. Once again, the walk along the canal is worth the trip.

If you're looking for a concentration of multiple, above average in quality caches;

You can head east to Cheesequake State Park and get a day of caching in. You can easily entertain yourself for a day w/o getting your feet wet.

I liked Let's Play Dominos and 3 Steps Beyond a lot.

Head West to Sourland Mountain or a little farther west to The Sourland Preservation

Twenty miles NE will get you to Watchung Reservation, Try the Copper Mine series.

If you feel up to the challenge, you can try a puzzle cache by one of the local cache cuckoos. <Yet another shameless plug> :blink:

Edited by nikcap