Multiple Logging

Nurse Dave

This sort of seems like a bad idea, because for things like event caches and the event owners typically let you log the temp caches on the main event site.

I wouldn't say that that practice is typical. I know it is common in some areas, but we tend to avoid doing that here in the Northwest.

I finally decided it wasn't really about the numbers, so if someone wanted to inflate theirs with finds (eg: Event cache temporary caches), so be it. Not that I'm one to shy away from an argument, but it was definitely the path of least resistance.

Another reason to log a 2nd find on a cache is if the cache is moved to a new location (so it's just like a new cache hide), which does seem to happen a lot. Also in my opinion if it moves considerably, it should be an entirely new cache.

...and if it ain't broken, don't fix it...I think it works rather well the way it is now.

If it's moved a large enough distance it's supposed to be a new caches because the approvers need to approve the new location. If it's not moved far enough for that in my opinion you're padding your numbers. Just like a cache here were it was replaced and the old one is still there. People are logging the dang thing twice because they are finding two containers just a short distance apart.