Lat / Long To Osgb Convertor

mijnic

The definitive transformation program is the Ordnance Survey OSTN02 / OSGM02 software. This is highly accurate (a few cm or so). You can download a PC version of the program, or use it online. Not sure whether it runs on the Ipaq. Developers can also request DLLs and full technical details from this site.

For less stringent requirements, the Ordnance Survey also provide an approximate transformation, accurate to a few metres. An Excel spreadsheet implementation of this transformation is available here. I've not tried this on my Ipaq, so I couldn't say whether it runs under Pocket Excel or not.

I believe Garmin, GC.com and G:UK all use the approximate transformation from the spreadsheet (anyone know for sure?).

Cheers,

Ian

Oops, yes, much friendlier than the OS versions. Sorry Chris! (I got stuck in software developer mode!) :ph34r:

The OS spreadsheet does have the advantage that it works on an Ipaq, but it's a PITA to use. If you're really desperate, you can persuade Memory Map on the Ipaq to do the conversion...