Pocket Pc Sync Wish

Since getting starting with Geocaching, I have been using downloads from geocaching.com and manually loading them on my Pocket PC everyday. It is great having a complete listing while out and about. I am using GPXSonar on my PPC.

However, it would be awesome to be able to use a program that would auto sync geocaching.com changes when I cradle my PPC. I already sync web sites and my Quicken data, so this must be a possibility.

So a note for the programmers out there, I would be willing to pay a fair price for this capability and I am sure there would be others.

I don' t know if this would be possible without being considered a person attempting a DNS attack on the site. You could load individual cache pages into AvantGo for that matter, but updating hundreds of cache pages every time you hotsync live from the site would probably take some time. Your best bet would be to refresh your pocket queries on a regular basis I would think. I believe they run from a different server so running queries does not impact the site like what you are suggesting.

In any case, I'm moving this to a forum where the people there would know much more about this than me -- GPS Units and Software.

Edited by mtn-man

I'm not sure it would not violate this part of the geocaching.com Terms of Use agreement:

"You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission."

Actually there is already software out there that can do this: GeoToad. I'm not sure it doesn't violate the above agreement.