I Wanna Garmin 60cs

DrMoab

I just "upgraded" my Rino 110 to a Rino 130 after having the 110 spend about 15-20 minutes in 18-20 feet of water at Lake Lanier (NE of ATL, GA). Works great, love the extra features.

With my tax refund check, I also got a 60CS, and LOVE IT. Well, 95% love it - I like the click-stick on the Rino 130 better to jump back and forth immediatley between screens, can't do that on the 60CS. Just used to the old way.

Outside of that, I love using it, and love the auto-nav features. Great all-in-one unit, IMHO.

I received my 60c just a week or two after upgrading from a Legend. The 60c is a great device and the price wasn't bad either... $350 new! I couldn't see spending the extra cash for a compass and altimeter. I have a compass already and it works without batteries!

I use the 60c for geocaching and for road navigation. I am still waiting for Garmin to ship the vehicle mount to me, but I am being patient, so far. So far I have used the 60c to find about 6 caches. Definitely nicer to use than the legend, plus you can use it to figure the route to the next one.

I have the 60cs and LOVE it, use it on the road a lot, hike with it a lot, geocache with it when I have the time. Altimeter - The latest software allows you to set the altimeter to record presure every 15 minutes even with the unit off, pretty stinking cool if you are a into weather.

If you:

1) change the compass setup to switch to the compass below 2 MPH for 30 seconds

2) buy the auto-navigation kit

you will love it also.

Edited by woody@fly-bench.com
I received my 60c just a week or two after upgrading from a Legend. The 60c is a great device and the price wasn't bad either... $350 new! I couldn't see spending the extra cash for a compass and altimeter. I have a compass already and it works without batteries!

I use the 60c for geocaching and for road navigation. I am still waiting for Garmin to ship the vehicle mount to me, but I am being patient, so far. So far I have used the 60c to find about 6 caches. Definitely nicer to use than the legend, plus you can use it to figure the route to the next one.

I love the 60CS and have had GPS's for years. This is the best little unit.

But everyone thinks that the only difference is the compass and altimeter only.

But there is a whole vertical trip computer in there that the 60 doesn't have. Just check the manuals in the last pages where it tells what the data boxes will give. It affected by the altimeter and it is connected to track points, and accuracy in altitude. There is more data available in vertical terms.

i.e. total ascent ,descent,etc. It was worth the extra 50 for all that for me since I hike with it.

That's why I leave it on auto cal elevation. And auto track record.

I don't care about the compass at all.

I too am becoming a devoted fan of the MAP60CS...........I did however have some trouble with the USB connection coming loose. Sent it back to Garmin factory and they fixed it, only took 1 week for full turnaround, they even put a screen protector on it for me. So, be careful with the USB cable....mine was just way too tight. The fixed unit connects much easier.

JayBee

So far I love mine. I got the autonav kit with it. Best price I found was from www.gpsdiscount.com They had great service, and answered all my questions and I got it the next day after ordering it. (shipped from OK to TX) The thread about the 60cs is great and very helpful. Even garmins tech supoort has been very helpful overall. Once I compared the units in the store to the 76cs and the magellan color it was an easy choice. The auto routing feature when using city select is great. The only problem wiht th esoftware I found was thaton many streets it doesnt properly show where the the specific adresss is on the street. (this was done both at my home and wehere I grew up in oregon) But it got me within 1/4 mile so no worries. The backlight is great and love how its fully adjustable.

Even though I havent used it as much as many others yet, I enjoy the unit. Just be ready to digest the huge, but good manual.

MH

My old Garmin Emap was in my pocket when I fell into the healing waters at a relective garden in Glastonbury! True! :D

Consequently it was ruined - display dried out but will not detect any sats!

So, I had an ideal excuse to purchase a Garmin GPS60c! At first I was not happy with the 60c at all. I missed the Emaps bold display, large arrow and the handy 'next street' display. Also the 60c was not fully compatable with my Mapsource software :ph34r:

However, after much tweeking I have managed to get it to do most things and just today everything clicked and I LOVE it!

It has so many variables but once you get to grips with it the unit becomes and great box of tricks.

I do a lot of driving and still slightly miss my Emaps display but am getting used to the slightly smaller 60c layout and am seeing roads on the display that I never even knew existed!

Yes, I am a fan of theGPS60c!

Tc