Garmin Gps Map 60c/cs Firmware 3.41 Beta

Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.41:

Improved track log recording in Auto mode.

Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page.

Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow Road route.

Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route.

Increased the precision of the project waypoint distance field.

Added the ability to independently show or hide entire map families on the Map Setup page.

Added meters per second as an option for vertical speed units.

Added Greek language.

I was loading it and it locked up..then the gps would not resatrt..kept saying "data missing" and then beeping at me..just tried connecting while it was screaming at me..still auto detected and it is loading as we speak *fingers crossed that it still works*

Edited by wickedsprint

It is a little known fact that Greek people talk to each other and enjoy writing and speaking. Most people think of Greeks as deaf mutes that have no language at all. My friends, I am here to tell you that Greek people actually TALK and WRITE! ;):P:D

And, I think they geocache too! :D

Who knew?!?!?!

*I* knew! And knowing is half the battle!

Edited by Imajika
It is a little known fact that Greek people talk to each other and enjoy writing and speaking. Most people think of Greeks as deaf mutes that have no language at all. My friends, I am here to tell you that Greek people actually TALK and WRITE! 

ROFLMAO That was freaking hilarious!!

I have not had a chance to upload the new firmware because my wife took my GPSr on a business trip...Time for her to get her own. ;)

They have been pushing more beta's out lately, I wonder if they are using us as guinea pigs. I loaded the software without any problems and everything seems to work as advertised. Prior to this upgrade I was having an issue with my unit locking up every once in a while when calculating a route. Anyone else?

for the 60cs a useful addition is that the baroalti can now sample every 15 mins. what this will do to battery life i cannot say but it should alleviate the blank stare the altimeter page usually displays when the unit is first turned on...

love that compass pointer! :bad:

Mine loaded fine.

All the functions seem to be working.  The only problem I've found is that the "Day View" calendar is hosed.  It locks up if I try to reference a saved point.

I also had the Day view lock up... mine locked when in the day view and then hitting menu.... I have not tried to duplicate again.

Everything else works well.

Note: Mine is the 76CS

Edited by Us 5 Camp
Greek Language? :D

??

Sorry, did not mean to ruffle any feathers.....I did not realize that you could change languages until I looked at the setup screen. Very interesting indeed. Would not do me any good anyway, since I'm one of those millions of mono-lingual Americans.

JayBee

Edited by Go JayBee

Has anyone noticed any improvements in how fast the "next" screen comes up while navigating a route? I'm finding it takes a long time (3-5 secs) to display the next instructions when there's a series of quick turns... It also seems to take longer for the unit to realise that it's off course. My old GPS V was faster on the messages than this...

And any chance they made the streets show up in a smaller line? Does anyone else find this clutters the screen?

I knew I should've brought my unit with me today... :ph34r:

Well, 3.42 Beta is out now, that certainly didn't take long.

Changes made from version 3.41 to 3.42:

* Corrected problems with Calendar pages.

* Corrected problems with the prompted route recalculation page.

* Corrected display problems with the show/hide map set options on Map Setup page.

* Corrected display of some long European street names.

Mine loaded fine.

All the functions seem to be working.  The only problem I've found is that the "Day View" calendar is hosed.  It locks up if I try to reference a saved point.

I also had the Day view lock up... mine locked when in the day view and then hitting menu.... I have not tried to duplicate again.

Everything else works well.

Note: Mine is the 76CS

3.42 fixed the issue I was having with my calender mentioned above and quoted here.... 76CS

It doesn't lock up anymore, but if you scroll down and select a point from the Day View you can no longer go back to the "<" and ">" buttons at the top of the page.

try left or right on the rocker pad...this seems to advance you to the next (or previous) day if you press it twice

I found something today and wonder if someone can tell me if this is a new feature. I was looking for a restaurant in a city and normally it would have listed all the restaurants, for example, McDonalds, in a long list. Searching today however, it said "McDonalds 14 matches found" and clicked Enter showed all the different spots. Was this there all along and I did not notice it or was it somehting they added to the 3.41 Beta?

I found something today and wonder if someone can tell me if this is a new feature. I was looking for a restaurant in a city and normally it would have listed all the restaurants, for example, McDonalds, in a long list. Searching today however, it said "McDonalds 14 matches found" and clicked Enter showed all the different spots. Was this there all along and I did not notice it or was it somehting they added to the 3.41 Beta?

Yes it's been there. I have a 76CS and whil eit had 3.40 in it I entered "Wal" and got all of the Walmarts between Richmond and Roanoke. (I'm between those too in Lynchburg).

My only complaint was that they were not in the order of the closest. I didn't try to see if I could change it as I was driving at the time and just wanted to see how the auto-routing would work. (it was new at the time)

Anyone know how to change the "custom" symbols???  I don't remember seeing those before I loaded the last firmware...

Where is it? What is that? :)

Create a waypoint (or edit a current one) and go to change the symbol. There a whole section called "custom" and it contains a bunch of blue circles. It looks like a future version of MapSource will support custom symbols??? B)

hmmm, interesting - haven't looked at the custom icon feature you've described but based on your description...

i've often emailed garmin with a request that they standardize their icons across the different gps units that they make. for example there are many icons available on the 60 that are not available on a 2610. this makes waypoint management much more of an issue than it needs to be.

maybe the custom section will allow us to download waypoint icons from mapsource - a first step in the solution? custom (user-created) icons would be an exceptional touch also...

Speaking of waypoint icons, I seem to have set the blue flag as default and now I would like to have the geocache treasure chest as default icon and can NOT find where to change it in the manual, can anybody help? This happens when I download to the 60cs with either GSAK or SA 2004. I am running beta 3.42. Thanks....

Edited by wornout