Traditional Caches Absent From Geocaching Maps

klossner

Today, when I pull up a geocaching.com map, the symbol for traditional cache doesn't show. I have to find them in stealth mode by clicking "identify" and looking at the numbers in white circles. As a further problem, the number 1 appears a quarter of the map above its circle. It's a real challenge to plan a four-day safari ... I guess I shouldn't have waited till the last minute.

keystone approver typed this a few hours ago

"From time to time, one or more of the little cache icons on the map server temporarily "disappears." It is a known bug, as Jeremy is aware of it from posts over in the Geocaching.com forum. Usually a reboot of the map server fixes it, IIRC. So, check later on and the icons should reappear. It happened to me earlier in the week, but I'm seeing them fine today."

aj

I'm glad it's not only me having trouble with the maps. I became a premium member yesterday hoping that all the caches I had already found would be marked with a check mark. Instead I lost all of the little icons unless I use the identify feature and get the little white circles.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. :mad:

After you sign up there is a period of time before your found caches will show up with checkboxes. We build this info on a schedule. I'm rebuilding all of the user finds today which should update anyone who is having trouble. This should be done shortly.

Testing new animated icons:

:D;):P:D

After you sign up there is a period of time before your found caches will show up with checkboxes. We build this info on a schedule. I'm rebuilding all of the user finds today which should update anyone who is having trouble. This should be done shortly.

Testing new animated icons:

:D;):P:D

too too kewl. love 'em.