Photo's In Your Profile

Milbank

I really enjoy looking at the photo's people have in there profile.

It's almost disappointing when I click the Gallery tab in someone's profile page and see the "Sorry. There were no gallery images available" message.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who take the time to post the photo's.

I enjoy seeing them, <_<

I try to take pictures at every cache that I hit, but I don't always post 'em. For those I do post I like to make a few "creative changes" to reflect the experience better. I like to tell a story with my pics, most of time I sort of exagerate what happened, but at other times I just like to have fun with 'em. Check out my gallery to see what I mean. :mad:

I try to take pictures at every cache that I hit, but I don't always post 'em. For those I do post I like to make a few "creative changes" to reflect the experience better. I like to tell a story with my pics, most of time I sort of exagerate what happened, but at other times I just like to have fun with 'em. Check out my gallery to see what I mean. :mad:

FUN!!! :huh:

OK milbank you talked me into it. its posted. But be forewarned the image will probably break all your computers LOL I am trying like crazy to get my avatar finished but between work and forums and relaxing and family just doesnt seem to be time LOL

Final warning about my profile pic you can turn back at any time.

MH

OK milbank you talked me into it. its posted. But be forewarned the image will probably break all your computers LOL I am trying like crazy to get my avatar finished but between work and forums and relaxing and family just doesnt seem to be time LOL

Final warning about my profile pic you can turn back at any time.

MH

Ohhhh, I love your story of The Mechanic's Hands!!!!!!!!! *sniff*

It's almost disappointing when I click the Gallery tab in someone's profile page and see the "Sorry. There were no gallery images available" message.

I enjoy seeing them, :D

Snap :D:mad: . It should be in the guidlines "People MUST post photos in their logs" :huh:

I enjoy seeing them, :D

Snap :mad::huh: . It should be in the guidlines "People MUST post photos in their logs" :D

What a great profile page!

Tell me, why did you say "Snap?" Is that an expression there? Or is my brain not awake yet.............. :D

I agree, its allways nice to put a face with a Cacher's name. Heck, i even put my ugly mug on mine, hopefully no one will hold that against me :huh: . Pipanella, your's is especially nice but we need to see if we can change that attitude you have about snakes,,,,haha! :mad:

That was the last airport I worked at in Hot Springs Arkansas. I was a lead mech and managed a storage program of 50 EMB 120 brazilia turboprops that were previously owned and operated by ASA and Comair. By being in charge of the program, I got to meet and work with GPSPathfinder, who got me into geocaching using a Magellan 315. I now work at the DFW airport in Dallas TX. Not as pretty but I love being back. Plus in arkansas there were so few caches withing a reasonable distance that we could go to. Now in dallas I have over 700 within 25 miles hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now for it to stop raining and allow my family and I to get out and grab them :-)

oh and just wait your computer will probably still break. Its probably still in shock ;):P:D

MH

That was the last airport I worked at in Hot Springs Arkansas. I was a lead mech and managed a storage program of 50 EMB 120 brazilia turboprops that were previously owned and operated by ASA and Comair. By being in charge of the program, I got to meet and work with GPSPathfinder, who got me into geocaching using a Magellan 315. I now work at the DFW airport in Dallas TX. Not as pretty but I love being back. Plus in arkansas there were so few caches withing a reasonable distance that we could go to. Now in dallas I have over 700 within 25 miles hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now for it to stop raining and allow my family and I to get out and grab them :-)

oh and just wait your computer will probably still break. Its probably still in shock ;):P:D

MH

You should live near me (Ohio - and only 10 caches in the entire county, 4 of which were placed by me!). But I was recently in Hot Springs. Got to do several caches, including one that is my favorite, to date, even though it was a DNF:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...f0-b106708f6cee

Small world ehh? During the winter I was working to much at work, and the weather was always nasty on my days off. I never got to try the cache before I moved. However, CHRS was the newbie that I have mentioned that took a whole bag of goodies and many other simple mistakes. I contacted them gave tips and suggestions and now he is a good contributor to the hobby. Love knowing that I was able to help and someone learned from me, just like I learned from someone else.

I had a cache overlooking the planes in my pic, in fact the pic was taken next to the cache. But sadly the parks people always found and removed it when they did thier cleaning. :-( ohh well those that found it enjoyed it even though it was easy. I wanted it to be one that peoples kids could enjoy and also let them see the aircraft and enjoy the park it was in.

MH

I enjoy seeing them, ;)

You can take a look at me, the Team Yatta babe, in my profile. :P

My hair is short now though! I cut it off and donated it to "Locks of Love". They take hair donations and make wigs for cancer patients. They cut off 11 inches of my hair!

But I kind of like it short, especially for the summer! :D

Small world ehh? During the winter I was working to much at work, and the weather was always nasty on my days off. I never got to try the cache before I moved. However, CHRS was the newbie that I have mentioned that took a whole bag of goodies and many other simple mistakes. I contacted them gave tips and suggestions and now he is a good contributor to the hobby. Love knowing that I was able to help and someone learned from me, just like I learned from someone else.

I had a cache overlooking the planes in my pic, in fact the pic was taken next to the cache. But sadly the parks people always found and removed it when they did thier cleaning. :-( ohh well those that found it enjoyed it even though it was easy. I wanted it to be one that peoples kids could enjoy and also let them see the aircraft and enjoy the park it was in.

MH

Wow! Yep, small world, indeed. My hubby and I plan to return in March of next year, and we'll find the cache. I hope he leaves it there. There was some discussion about maintenance of the cache. Does CHRS climb up there and check on it periodically?

I also did A Southern Gentleman, A Little Bit of Fun, Cacheous Clay, That Dam Cache, as well as the locationless Murals Across America. Did a couple of benchmarks, too. I just LOVED Hot Springs. Yep, did the bath thing at the ARlington. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

Not sure if he does maintenance on his caches as much as people should. He got into it last sept I think and made some typical mistakes, but at least he was trying. There are a couple nice ones near lake Ouchita that we never got the time to get to hmmm Sound slike a road trip will be in order as its only 5 hours away :-)

Also if you like benchmarks there is a benchmark near the cache I had placed. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...93-adcc533203d7

The planes are gone, they moved them to a new ramp just as I was leaving. No mroe spectacular view of them.

MH

Edit: P.S Glad you liked the story Pipanella. I wrote it about 3 months before Jordan was born (story is set when she is about 6 or so in that sweet innocent age)It seemed the only name I could take online especially here that really fit, especially since my family always goes out caching together. My daughter (now 3) said she wanted to go caching just dad and her and leave mom and ben home. Hmm Mrs didnt think that was to great of an idead. She got it all herself but shows how hooked she is already :-)

Edited by Mechanics Hands

I hadn't been here for a while, so when I was clicking through and looking at all the changes - it almost surprised me that I had a couple dozen images available in my profile gallery thing. Still getting familiarized, but it looks like any pics posted for caches or bugs get thrown in there, whether they are on your own caches or not, eh? Nice.

(phear my avatar, still)

Toe.

Ok didnt want to disapoint Milbank or anyone else anymore so I uploaded images about all our caches so far, except for our recent Texas caches. Since my wife makes such a wonderful scrapbook, each image is a copy of the actual scrapbook page she made. Some caches warranted many pages, others just the one. Either way I think they are wonderful and have truely preserved our memories.

So for all those wanting to see, they are in my gallery now. Geesh was alot of work but will keep up to date now.

I will once again post the warning. Any image with me in it is sure to make your computers act funny or just shutdwon from the shock.

MH

So for all those wanting to see, they are in my gallery now. Geesh was alot of work but will keep up to date now.

I think the pictures are tremendous and I wish someone in my house had the energy to do that for our caches.

I just wanted to note that some (many?) of the pages contain images that some cachers and cache owners might consider spoilers in that they show the cache in the location it was hidden. In the cases where the specific cache location is shown in one of the images, you might want to add *SPOILER* to the description for those that would rather not view the image or log entry with the images displayed.

David

Whoops forgot about that. It was a late night after a long day at work. Off to editWill edit some of them. Taking a pic of the cache after we found it is something we do to help preserve the memories.

Its impressive how creative and artisic the mrs is with the pages. Glad she has it as I dont. Now gimme a hammer and I can get results :D:D:ph34r::D

MH

HEY! That one cache looks VERY familiar!!!! (Cacheous Clay) Oh, this is too cool. I have a pic almost identical to one you have, overlooking the interstate...

And to think...I live in OHio, and you live in Texas (formerly Hot Springs, AR, I know)

Edited by Pipanella

Yep I was there done that Got the pics and the log entry LOL. I was with the first find on this. GPSPathfinder couldnt find it the first day he went out so he grabbed me to help. We had his Sporttrack pro and his 315 and finally found it. Finally gave up on the gps's and did a systematic wide area search. Then we go the correct coors for it. Thankfully it was alot better for others as we gave alot of tips and the owner was pretty cool and listened.

If you happened to see the airplanes to the west of the cache (the freeway to the left, then I worked on all those. 50 planes total and Boy am I glad to be away from them LOL. 140 degree temps were common as most of the ac's didnt work but they had to be run. Step outside in 100 degree temps and felt like a refridgerator. Go into an office felt like a freezer LOL.

Yeah the pagescan be spoilers, but some wonderful memories. Cacheous was a team effort FtF so I dont really count it as my personal FtF. I have one of those. Got my only DnF on it then came back the next day as I'll be darned if a cache was goin to beat me LOL. Ran into another cacher on the first attempt and we couldnt find it. went back out the next day after emailing the owner to make sure we were in the right spot. Hopefully tomororw we will get 4 FtF that 9key put out. 350 mile round trip but should be sweet. Everyone brags about 9key's caches so guess we will find out first hand.

Whoops way off topic sooorrry LOL Glad ya enjoyed the pages. had to brag on the Mrs since she put in so much work into them and they look so nice.

MH

She did a VERY nice job! I have yet to assemble mine, but that's the idea I have for mine.

Oh, and yes, I did see planes every time we went by the airport. The people I was staying with live on Marion Anderson Road but we got around that little town quite a bit in the week I was there. Almost got to see Bill Clinton! He and Dan Rather were in town to tape a segment of the 60 Minutes interview. My friend's mom had gone to McClard's to get BBQ for our supper and ran into them there.

...I just wanted to note that some (many?) of the pages contain images that some cachers and cache owners might consider spoilers in that they show the cache in the location it was hidden. In the cases where the specific cache location is shown in one of the images, you might want to add *SPOILER* to the description for those that would rather not view the image or log entry with the images displayed.

David

Just wondered if this was frowned upon or not...I recently updated one of my log entries with some images from the cache site...it's a mystery cache, so any of the pics along the way could be considered spoilers...I noted in the actual log entry that the images may contain spoilers...and also the actual names of the images stated that they either were or could be spoilers...is this acceptable??

I want to make sure I have sme nice photos in my gallery...but do not want to ruin the fun for anyone...

Here is the cache: Shasties First Cache

Thanks,

Six

This team is from Iowa. They were visiting Colorado and found a few of my caches. Look at their gallery. It is so cool that they take pics at every cache and post them! I wish I had the energy but I am usually alone and taking a pic of yourself always makes you look weird in the photo.

Summitcachers take pics at all their finds too. Their gallery is HUGE!

As a cache owner, I just LOVE it when people post photos!

Or sometimes, I leave a camera in the cache and try to get them to take photos of themselves. :o

Look at Craftsman's self portrait. That had me laughing! He normally is so nice and looks so sane, I guess he had a bad caching day when he took the photo!

Edited by Imajika

I enjoy seeing them, :o

Snap :o:o . It should be in the guidlines "People MUST post photos in their logs" :D

Deego, great home page. I really enjoyed the photography. Loved the close-up head shot of the tiger, page 7, taken at Drayton Manor. Very nice!

Also, looks like you have some awsome hikes last year! WOW!

From a neophite geocacher, I usually try to take pictures of my (few) caching attemps, and if they aren't spoilers, I will post in the logs sometime, if they turn out allright. On virtuals, if others haven't posted pics, I will email the owner to ask permission before, just to make sure he doesn't mind. Also pics taken at event caches are a good idea, others seem to enjoy seeing themselves at the event.

:o