Oregon Newbie needs HELP!

LongArm503

Hiya Folks,

I am REALLY new to Geocaching and am having a very hard time figuring out how this Magellan SporTrak works so I can start caching. Are there any groups in the Portland area willing to help a new bloke find his feet? I would greatly appriciate any assistance....

Please email me @ SCTLND4EVR@AOL.COM

Cheer's,

Sean-

"Mea Culpa Non"

I don't have a SporTrac, but here are the basics.

Find out from your owners manual how to mark and edit a waypoint. Key in the geocache's coordinates, and hit "Go to" or "navigate".

From there, just follow the arrow to the cache.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

Again, welcome, LongArm503. I have a SportTrak Map which we are very happy with and which works without a hitch pretty much as simply as BrianSnat described.

I think people could be more helpful if there weere more specifics to the question.

"Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing know happiness!"