Cache Maggot Defense

WH

Beating them senseless is too good for them. No, something with more flare should be done to them. Something inventive and unique. Having them give a seminar to recently incarcerated gang members on the sublties of table manners and what they represent would be better. While dressed in a thong made of chicken feathers and platform heels.

Lisa V EMT B-IV

EMS: We don't save your life we just prolong your miserable existance.

If you want to go high-tech.....set up a sting operation with wildlife motion sensor cameras that take a picture when something moves in front of it. At least you could I.D. the maggots then. It has been done in our area to catch people dumping large amounts of trash on one of our river systems.

If you want to go low-tech.....(instead of archiving), you could remove all the swag out of the caches and just leave a logbook and pen. Even switching the caches to film containers with just the log books. I know, I know, not as much fun for the kids, but maybe not as much fun for the maggots either. :o

Edited by Chillibusher

Cheap small Rubbermaid type container...50 cents

Small spiral notebook...50 cents

Just replace the cache with these and replace as necessary until they tire of it and move on. If your cache is more than just a drive-by, you don't need a bunch of trinkets in it to make others happy. Isn't it more about the hunt? Don't acknowledge them or their actions on your cache page. Please don't feed the trolls. Six months from now they will have moved on. Pumping up your testosterone and their lack of it serves no purpose.

Edited by Navdog
Cheap small Rubbermaid type container...50 cents

Small spiral notebook...50 cents

Just replace the cache with these and replace as necessary until they tire of it and move on. If your cache is more than just a drive-by, you don't need a bunch of trinkets in it to make others happy. Isn't it more about the hunt? Don't acknowledge them or their actions on your cache page. Please don't feed the trolls. Six months from now they will have moved on. Pumping up your testosterone and their lack of it serves no purpose.

Like that idea.

Another suggestion is are they also targeting caches that are for members only?

If not start making the caches in the area members only caches.

I've had MOCs stolen, I've had regular caches stolen. It would appear that premium memberships are not purchased exclusively by saintly cachers.

I am of the opinion that those that choose to call people names like "maggot" or threaten them with violence are painting large targets on themselves and any caches they currently own and/or may place in the future. The "maggot" is by definition in its larval form ... I wonder what name-calling will encourage them to develop into?

I personally favour the M-18A1 claymore idea.

Sit in a shell-scrape watching over your cache, if the user appears to ransack the cache simply apply repeated force to the "clacker" and you will have no more worries.

Something about 700 steel spheres flying at you with a velocity of a few thousand meters per second ..

:o

No, really .. all that can be done is to make the cache as boring as possible - or make it a multi-cache which requires an IQ of > 100 to complete (ie. throw in some math).

No, really .. all that can be done is to make the cache as boring as possible - or make it a multi-cache which requires an IQ of > 100 to complete (ie. throw in some math).

That should do it for these knuckleheads (I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever used that term!)...and also, as it has been mentioned before, do not feed the maggots...which can mean do not give them the attention that they desire...

I think that there are far too many people involved in this sport that are genuinely "good" people, to allow a few bad experiences ruin it...not that I am not sorry and enraged to hear what they did...I feel for the cache owners...because it is unfortunate...but we also need to focus on the positive visits that caches get...

-Six