Checking Coordinates Website?

Pantalaimon

LostOutdoors.com is good for both topo maps and aerial photos.

Or use MapQuest if you want a street map. I think they took away the feature where you could just enter coordinates in a box, though. You need to use this format, and enter the coords in decimal degree form:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=DD.dddddd&longitude=-DD.dddddd

As Keystone stated, both are good...

I use both on my searches as I do not have a GPS...I'll print the zoomed in MapQuest Map for reference to street names, landmarks etc...and then I will also print off the Lost Outdoors map with the red dot...works great for me...

Good luck :o

-Six

Edited by SixTen
This is the shrotened URL that Keystone posted but its in my favorites. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

LostOutdoors.com has great aerial view because you can plot mutiple waypoints. I use it when setting up a complicated muti. I also use Jeeep.com to convert the coords to all decimal (xx.xxxx deg) from degree.decimal (xx deg xx.xxx min).

I hope your not converting for the Lostoutdoors input. You don't need to.

If you separate the degrees and the minutes with a space, the system adjusts for the different formats.

42.25 -88.33333

can also be input as

42 15.000 88 20.000

and you'll get the same map. It also works that way with seconds.

The only thing it won't handle are letters, so you can't copy N 42° 15.000 and paste it in the form. But just take off the N and you're OK.