I Lost My Girl

Polgara

She went unexpectedly but without physical pain. She got to cache in 4 states, PA, MD, DE & VA. This is my favorite pic of her, caching in the snow at Werts Hollow near Cabelas in PA. We were caching in the snow (which she loved), with MissJenn, Salvelinus & QuestMaster this past Valentines Day.

443626e6-7e47-42cd-978c-63bdbb3c2692.jpg

Keetah Dog

8/15/1990 - 6/24/2004

Sorry for your loss. We lost our best friend last year, it really sucks. I waited a while (I didn't want to get another dog at all, as it was too painful to say goodbye) but in the end I had to go out and adopt another dog (the house was too quiet). You have our sympathy...

There is a story told by the American Indians that the Great Spirit decided to divide the worlds of animal and man so he gathered all the living beings on a great plain and drew a line in the dirt.

On one side of the line stood man --- on the other side stood all of the animals. And that line began to open up into a great crevasse - and at the last moment before it became unreachable, dog leapt over and stood by man.

~~Unknown

Your cause of sorrow must not be measured by her worth, for then It hath no end. May you find comfort in loving memories.

With sincere condolences,

Rothstafari

There is a story told by the American Indians that the Great Spirit decided to divide the worlds of animal and man so he gathered all the living beings on a great plain and drew a line in the dirt.

On one side of the line stood man --- on the other side stood all of the animals. And that line began to open up into a great crevasse - and at the last moment before it became unreachable, dog leapt over and stood by man.

~~Unknown

That is an awesome quote!

They are never replaced or forgotten.

Replaced no! But I couldn't believe how "right" it felt to have another dog in the house. Plus, it really helped my girls through the grieving process...

As far as forgotten goes: I agree there also, they are never forgotten...

Steve

Edit: misquote

Edited by Team JASS

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole again, just as we remeber them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author Unknown

(Our deepest sympathy)

Edited by shannicat & bugbait

Having found a cache or two with that wonderful Keetah Dog, I surly will miss her. I will always remember her warm eyes, gentle personality and her funny little antics. Although she has left us physically, I already see her spirit living on with you...and the rest of us.

Huggs,

Salvelinus

Sorry to hear of your loss. All of ours are getting older and a couple can't cache in the warm weather so we we know our days are numbered also. We met you over in OC Md in May looking for a cache that was found teh next day after we took DNFs.

Yes I remember that day! I don't remember if Keet was with or not, but I do remember meeting you and family at that cache! :laughing: