What's On Your Gc/sport Wish List?

I think I have just about everything I need to go geocaching except the proper vehicle. I'd like to have something more rugged. A Jeep would be nice. :o

Oh...and a GPSr with maps would be nice too. I do ok with the one I have but caching in towns would be so much easier.

A nice 4x4 would be nice.

Two more GPS recievers - one for each son. Ehhh, what the heck, get one for my daughter and wife too while we're at it since money's not the object at this point in time.

Five or six quality ammo boxes, large enough to hold some really good swag when I go to hide some as well.

That'll do me for awhile. :o

I'd swap my Glock 15 for a 17.

My 75 Blazer would be off it's blocks and 100% buff.

The Garmin Map 60 would probably find it's way into my pack.

My butler would keep my maps current with all the caches in all the areas that do interest me.

With all the traveling I'd be doing I wouldn't have a lot of time for caching. But where I did visit I'd leave geocoins for the bad caches. The kind you don't have to muck with as travel bugs. Good caches, who knows? I'd be updating my PDA every 3 or 4 months with better so I'd probably leave the 'used' one behind in caches.

RK...you could join me in my lear jet. We'd head to the remotest parts of the world and place caches. And grab a few too...lol

Wouldn't that be a hoot!?

But ....but.....but...., ah forget it. I was going to say something about vacation caches. :o

Heck, buy a chateau in France and then you could place caches around there with no repercussions.

RK...you could join me in my lear jet. We'd head to the remotest parts of the world and place caches. And grab a few too...lol

But ....but.....but...., ah forget it. I was going to say something about vacation caches. :o

Heck, buy a chateau in France and then you could place caches around there with no repercussions.

The lier jet does wonders for your maintainable distance. Besides I could hire out the maintance.

But ....but.....but...., ah forget it. I was going to say something about vacation caches. :P

The lier jet does wonders for your maintainable distance. Besides I could hire out the maintance.

we could always hire some cache police. :o

A BLEEX to lighten the load.

Now THAT is wild! I'm still trying figure out how it works.

I could never wear anything like that. I am a geek but I don't want to look THAT much like one! LOL

Wear really baggy clothes and put the thing under the clothes. No one would think anything of it, because you'd be creating a fashion statement.

See!? RK's got it all figured out. I forgot about the no vacation cache rule, but he comes in and saves the thread from another heated discussion..lol

You can come too, Webfoot.....if we can get you through airport security with that BLEEX thing on...lol

Buy a chateau in France and then you could place caches around there with no repercussions.

As long as there's a runway close, you can claim it's your cache maintenance area. yeah, I could go for that. :o

I'm sorry...I'm feeling a little loopy tonight.

TotemLake was the one with the BLEEX thing. But you can still come, Webfoot.....I'll have the maid at the chateau fix you up a nice comfy bed.

I forgot another thing I would like to have.... a SEGWAY! Now, that's caching in style!

I'm sorry...I'm feeling a little loopy tonight.

TotemLake was the one with the BLEEX thing. But you can still come, Webfoot.....I'll have the maid at the chateau fix you up a nice comfy bed.

I forgot another thing I would like to have.... a SEGWAY! Now, that's caching in style!

Then you'll want to do it the right way with this off-road model.

Edited by TotemLake

A husband that like to cache! Oh wait I guess that's not something $$$ can buy. (hmmm, or then again maybe it is!)

So, besides that I would love a 60CS with plenty of mapping software, some new boots, a hiking staff, and some obedience lessons for my pooch so I could at least get him to accompany me on the ones I feel are too tough for my 4 year old to go on. :o

A bottle of cool water, some good cheese and dry salami in my backpack. . . which is carefully placed next to me on the seat of my trusty M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank as I cruise through the backcountry secure in the knowledge that any Jeep that gets in my way is toast. (I'm a LandCrusier fan from way back)

A BLEEX to lighten the load.

Hmm... I could go for something like that. Now if they could complete that with something for the upper body, and include some an array of weapons (small cannon, machine gun, and flame thrower), I could see myself in one of those!

I'd want a nice new Jeep Wrangler with all the off-roading mods, and it would be used to haul my brand new jet boat, with soft landing capabilities, and the jet boat would be on a nice big trailer with a big toolbox type thing on it with all kinds of good rock climbing gear...

And I'd need somewhere to put my brand new mountain bike...

Hire contractors to fix the roof and the patio. One really important thing the money can buy is more time for fun things like caching.

Reminds me of the old joke of the travelling businessman who was approached by a "working girl" in the bar. She offered to do anything he wanted for $200. He thought for a minute, peeled of two crisp hundred dollar bills and said, "Paint my house!" :o

Hmmm.... off the top of my head in no specific order:

Jeep

Hiking boots

hiking clothes... esspecially pants

another gpsr

maps for gpsr

lots of ammo cans and cammo paint

personalized really cool swag

radios

camelbak

badge-a-minit

PDA and required software for paperless caching

hiking staffs for whole family

travel bugs, geocoins

backpack

My wish list includes a weekend in vegas with a hollywood starlet with low self esteem

forget about the Land Rover I mentioned earlier... I like the way Lazyboy thinks... except I'll take a week in Vegas with 2 hollywood starlets (preferably one blond and one brunette just for variety)

A camo Segway with a gun rack! Life just don't get no better than that, does it, Bubba? Of course, it would require a slight mod to add a rack for the beer cooler, but that should be trivial. <_<

But is there room for that in the double-wide?!?! :D

Think I'd go with the helicopter for those "hard to reach caches".

If I had all the $$?

give me land, lots of land......

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,

Don't fence me in.

Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,

Don't fence me in.

Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze,

And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,

Send me off forever but I ask you please,

Don't fence me in.

Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle

Underneath the western skies.

On my Cayuse, let me wander over yonder

Till I see the mountains rise.

I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences

And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses

And I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences

Don't fence me in.

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies,

Don't fence me in.

Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,

Don't fence me in.

Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze

And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees

Send me off forever but I ask you please,

Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle

Underneath the western skies

On my Cayuse, let me wander over yonder

Till I see the mountains rise.

Ba boo ba ba boo.

I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences

And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses

And I can't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences

Don't fence me in.

No.

Poppa, don't you fence me in

(Cole Porter)

Mmm, I'm with Cole Porter and his Planetary pal..

I love my Garmin GPSMAP 76, but I'd be fine with the new color version, in which case my best caching pal Bostwana-Grrl could adopt my current one.

I'd like 3 additional Wilderness Systems Pungo kayaks so that when I invite non-kayaking pals out to do hydrocaches we'd be all set.

I'd like also a trio of the quietest 4-stroke snowmobiles available --again, I could take caching buddies out on fun winter caches. I violently miss getting out in the boonies during the winter.

In my happy dream-house (somewhere up real high) I'd have a map room, and I'd have a complete set of waterproof USGS topo maps, all the available uber-topo software for my laptop, and various more detailed (orienteering) maps of extra-special places.

If the aliens-with-really-excellent-medical-technology scenario can't pan out, then I'd like a brilliantly devised off-road chair: light-weight and with scarily crufty tires.

I also agree with all the folks who describe how they'd travel the world looking for caches in wild foreign parts. Caching in Katmandu, yummy.

Lastly, if wishes were fishes & I had cash to burn, I'd like an Orvis Frequent Flyer 906-7 fly rod --it breaks down into 7 pieces and can fit in a rod case that I could easily slip in the pocket of my CamelBak, for those caches placed near good fly-fishing spots.

Reading over this list, yeah, it'd be sweet. But honestly, I'm feeling so rich & happy with what I have now: access to geocaching, new caching pals, fun scheming as I plan my first cache.. Life is good.

../Mosaica