Racoons?

My cache which was in a tupperware box was opened and the contents were here and there.

There was no hint of food anywhere and the cache has been in place several months. It had a 1-2 pound rock on top which was moved. The "baggie" had a nikle size hole in it and was located about 10 feet away up a hill away into the woods away from the access road.

My best bet would be racoons as the latch is fairly secure, but I'm asking for opinions. I would hate to think a geomuggle did this.

Lewis

Hmmm...if it's an area frequented by raccoons, it's possible one of them did it. The little hole in the baggie seems like something they would do. They are smart little buggers, and even without the smell of food in the container, if they are accustomed to campgrounds or picnics, they probably recognize the container as something that usually has food in it. They're pretty good with their little 'hands' as well, so moving the rock and opening the lid would have been no problem.

Well I guess the concensus is racoon. The container was new and was painted several "woodland" colors. Food never came close to it.

I keep telling my wife there are bears around but she doesn't believe me. We are in foothills of Appalacians in mid northern Alabama.

We do have a large amount of red foxes in the area also.

There are a few armadillos and coyotes but of course possums and possums.

Lewis

Don't blame it on the pig!

Other enticements that might have been placed in the cache:

--Scented pens, erasers, pencils

--Packets of scented shampoo, Wet Naps

--McToys (pick up a grease film from the fries)

--Jimmy Hoffa body parts