New to the game

Guest AtarisFan1084

Guest AtarisFan1084

I just saw a story on Geocaching on a local news program here, and I wanted to get started with it as a hobby. I was wondering what unit would be best for me. Thanks for the help.

Guest Markwell

First, welcome. Watch out - it's quite addicting!

Best to check out the forums here. There's always MUCH discussion about the comparisons of the units.

Things to take into consideration: How much you are willing to spend? Do you have dense tree cover in your area? Do you feel the need to have maps built in to the device? Once you have these questions answered in your own mind, the individuals frequenting the forum linked above can help out tremendously.

Guest relichound

I've been geocaching since June and love it. You will be hooked soon. As far as units go you will be in good shape if you stay with a Garmin or Magellan. These are great units. I will have to agree with the earlier post about deciding what kind of features you think you need. I'm using a Etrek Legend and love it. I travel alot and the base maps loaded in the unit are nice. Just read the forums and check out the websites for Garmin and Magellan. Good luck and let us know which unit you decide on.

Relichound

Guest CACHED-AWAY

Welcome aboard! I am new myself and had just found my first cache yesterday...(GC2AC) Had a blast and I'm already hooked..I just put together my own cache which will be stashed by the weekend.....CYA!

------------------

aka BREW