How long does new cache approval take?

Guest zilla

Guest cache_ninja

usualy its a matter of minutes to hours at most. or its later in the day or middle of the night, might take till the next day, depends how busy things are..usually its very quick..

Guest Ron Streeter

As one of several people who assists Jeremy in cache approval I can answer these questions.

When I check my email I get cache notifications. When I open them, they may not have been approved yet. If that is the case, I open the web page, check to see the coordinates don't place the cache in the middle of the ocean somewhere, check for inappropriate language, check for incorrect html code which some cachers use, etc.

Nothing sinister there is there.

Sometimes when I open one of these email notifications, one of Jeremy's other assistants has already approved the cache.

There have been times when 15 or so new caches popped up in my list. If I don't have time at that moment to approve them, I let one of the other helpers do it.

Hope this addresses the questions posed.

Ron

24H/26F/1C/4S/3X

Guest jeremy

Ok. Seriously. There are about 3 or 4 of us on any given day who get caches emailed for approval. Any of us can get to the cache and approve it.

Sometimes it takes longer, like when I'm playing Conker's Bad Fur Day or eating a meal when the jailors let me out of my cage. Usually someone else picks up the slack (or beats me to the punch) when this happens.

If there is a cache that looks unseemly, smells funny, or expiration date has passed, we kick it to make sure it's dead and move on to the next cache. If it looks fine and isn't located in the middle of the Pacific due to bad coordinates (or listed as being in Texas but the map shows Honolulu), we do some formatting in HTML and post it. Sometimes if we have questions we email the individuals in question, have them sign a volume of legal documents, and give them a slap on the wrist, sometimes leaving welts. After all it's all in good fun.

Tomorrow for instance, my jailors are allowing visitation rights, so I may step away from the monitor for a few short hours. If this does happen I apologize for any caches not being approved in those critical hours.

Always your humble servant,

Jeremy and Co.

Guest c_oflynn

You'll have to post the cords of that cage icon_biggrin.gif Jeremy, how come your post level didn't go up? It shows 481 both times! Just interested...

Colin

Guest c_oflynn

You'll have to post the cords of that cage icon_biggrin.gif Jeremy, how come your post level didn't go up? It shows 481 both times! Just interested...

Colin

Guest jeremy

It increments. Each time there is a new post to a forum page it recalculates totals on that page. It should now say 482 (at least as of 9am Wednesday.

Jeremy

Guest Olar

Boy have I been misled! I thought Jeremy flew the corporate Jet out to all cache sites before approving them. Now I find out that his only means of transportation is the paddy-wagon.