Micro Cache Logs That Fit!

:lol:

I've been cruising the forums for links to this, but they have evaporated.

About a year and a half ago we put out three micro caches (MALICIOUSLY micro), and people seem to like them. Like them so much that they have filled the logs and the logs need to be replaced.

The caches are in 35mm film canisters, and if they weren't wet on top of being full, I'd just try and copy them, but it ain't happinin'.

This one is WAY too big:

http://www.geocaching.com/articles/132visitlogbook.doc <_<

I know that there is another one that will fit, because I got the one I used from HERE!

Help? Puh-lease?

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

Lead Bi-atch of The GeoGadgets Team

I bought a package of adding machine paper, comes in 4 rolls to a pack for like $3.00 at WallyWorld. Strip off a length and roll it back up. It fits nicely in a film can and leaves the logger as much room as they need. I figure 4 rolls is a lifetime supply of the stuff.

That one works just fine. I've used it in all my film canister hides. You just have open it

in Word and slide the vertical lines closer together until they fit in a film canister. I find it doesn't fold well, so I just cut it in 3 strips along the lines, staple them together and roll them up.

I print them on National Geographic Adventure Paper so they won't get ruined if they get wet.

Edited by briansnat

Here's the one I designed and use for my micros:

Joefrog's Micro Log (PDF)

Since I made this thing, I've seen it EVERYWHERE.

If you cut right at the edge of the lines, it's the perfect width for the 35mm cannisters. The "geocache site" info on the second page is dual-use -- larger is for the film can, the smaller one sized to be trimmed and taped into the "usual" magnetic key case.

Enjoy!

About a year and a half ago we put out three micro caches (MALICIOUSLY micro), and people seem to like them. Like them so much that they have filled the logs and the logs need to be replaced.

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

Lead Bi-atch of The GeoGadgets Team

I found Malicious Micro #1 while I was on vacation. We loved it thanks, I'm glad you are keeping these going. I'll be back for the rest.

That one works just fine. I've used it in all my film canister hides. You just have open it

in Word and slide the vertical lines closer together until they fit in a film canister. I find it doesn't fold well, so I just cut it in 3 strips along the lines, staple them together and roll them up.

I print them on National Geographic Adventure Paper so they won't get ruined if they get wet.

I have tried that, but it didn't work quite right for me. And thanks everyone for the heads up on the NG paper. Not being able to access the forums for nearly a YEAR, I'm pretty out of touch.

Here's the one I designed and use for my micros:

Joefrog's Micro Log (PDF)

Since I made this thing, I've seen it EVERYWHERE.

If you cut right at the edge of the lines, it's the perfect width for the 35mm cannisters. The "geocache site" info on the second page is dual-use -- larger is for the film can, the smaller one sized to be trimmed and taped into the "usual" magnetic key case.

Enjoy!

Thanks JoeFrog! That one is just right!

I feel like Goldilocks all of a sudden...

This one is too big, this one is too wide, but this one is JUST RIGHT!

I've already printed a bunch of them and am on my way out to replace some logs.

[ cheese grin ]

RedwoodRed

WOW! The same day that someone starts a new thread about old forum regulars who faded away, one pops up! How cool is THAT? :P

PS: is this the one you are looking for?

Hi Handsome! Whassup?

I know I've been absent, but not by choice.

For some reason about a year ago whenever I'd try and access the Geocaching website my computer would just slam to a halt. Pages took forever to load, IF they would load at all, and if I didn't get a "page not found" message instead. I tried re-installing my OS, checked to see what softwares I loaded that might be effecting it... nothing worked. I could get on the site from Steak's computer, but it got tiring moving the sixteen different pieces of hardware he hooks himself up to in order to play Mechwarrior, and that's if he wasn't playing.

Christmas I got a new computer (suh-weet!), new OS (XP - yeah, I know), and it STILL locked up on me. I wanted to rant at somebody but I couldn't get on the site in order to do it! :P

Then, about four days ago I tried to get on the site and "TA-DA!". I could even access the forums, which before meant the kiss of death for my browser (I'm running IE 6, btw).

So, I had to post about my most burning question. The pages still load slow (even though I'm on high-speed cable), so I've learned to play Freecell or Spider Solitaire while the pages load.

So, how are things with you in NJ? I've missed you and Choberiba. Does he post, or stay in contact with anyone anymore? Since he changes his email addresses every so many months, I lost track of him, and I guess I'm not cute enough for him to email ME... I guess if my name was Makiko... oh nevermind! :o