Do You Do This?

i always try to write a long log and write everything about the trip that might seem intewresting.as a cache owner i hate to see a ....number 14 for today on after work drive byes.lol i wanna hear about it and if they liked it or not.so i try to return the favor.after all how many logs do you get a month per cache????4 or 5 at the most.

i always try to write a long log and write everything about the trip that might seem intewresting.as a cache owner i hate to see a ....number 14 for today on after work drive byes.lol i wanna hear about it and if they liked it or not.so i try to return the favor.after all how many logs do you get a month per cache????4 or 5 at the most.

I would consider that good if my caches got that many logs per month. Two of my caches are in the mountains and more difficult to reach, so they don't get many finds and the one I placed on Memorial Day Weekend has gotten one find, but then again, it's a puzzle cache.

But the log was a good log to read. :lol:

It's because we don't want to look like losers when some 7-year-old tracks it down an hour later. So we get on long-winded explanations about weather, low batteries, amoebic dysentary, state troopers, rabid badgers, aliens, paraplegic caching partners / spouses that require our attention and any other excuse to explain that we jus didn't look under THAT rock.

It's because we don't want to look like losers when some 7-year-old tracks it down an hour later. So we get on long-winded explanations about weather, low batteries, amoebic dysentary, state troopers, rabid badgers, aliens, paraplegic caching partners / spouses that require our attention and any other excuse to explain that we jus didn't look under THAT rock.

So you've been to that cache too?

i make long logs. when possible, i take pictures. and write little commentaries on the pictures.

a good log is especially important when law enforcement officers are involved, or injuries, or unnecessary bushwhacking. as a cache owner i appreciate it when somebody remembers enough about the hunt to tell me something other than what number it is for them today.

my NF logs are big, but so are my found logs. i'm just having a great old time.

i make long logs. when possible, i take pictures. and write little commentaries on the pictures.

a good log is especially important when law enforcement officers are involved, or injuries, or unnecessary bushwhacking. as a cache owner i appreciate it when somebody remembers enough about the hunt to tell me something other than what number it is for them today.

my NF logs are big, but so are my found logs. i'm just having a great old time.

Yes, definitely when Law Enforcement is involved!!!

Some of my longest logs are for DNF's. They often have the best story.

Yep, I remember reading that log right before me and Squealy went searching for that cache. It should have been enough to keep us away but it didn't. You won't find any kind of log because we couldn't even figure out a way to get close to the cache to look for it. :blink:

I enjoy writing my DNF logs. When the DNF is my own fault, it's great to poke fun at myself. When it's a possible problem with the cache, it's helpful to the owner and other seekers.

But sometimes a DNF log can have nothing much to do with the cache, or it can be a longwinded joke DNF log on a joke of a cache, or it can be a series of one-line DNF logs when you sort of have the feeling in advance that you ain't gonna find it without making multiple trips. :blink: