Is There A Faster Way To Do This With A 60c?

I just bought a 60C. I've been using a Legend for a year.

When geocaching with the legend and let's say the cache is about 300 feet off of a road, I hit the find button and use the map page to get as close as possible by road (no autorouting on this model). Then I switch to the compass page and follow the arrow to the cache.

With the 60C with City Select installed, I hit find and choose "On Road." Then I follow the GPSr's autorouting directions until I am as close to the cache as possible while still being on the road. Since the arrow on the compass page does not work when using "On Road" searching, I now must hit the find button again, choose the correct waypoint again, and then choose "Off Road" for the arrow on the compass page to come up. This seems to be a slow process.

Is there a faster way or short-cut to do this? Is there some way to simply toggle back and forth between "On Road" and "Off-road" so that I can switch back and forth quickly between the compass page (and have my arrow to follow) and the "On Road" directions on the map page?

Thanks

Dave

I just bought a 60C. I've been using a Legend for a year.

When geocaching with the legend and let's say the cache is about 300 feet off of a road, I hit the find button and use the map page to get as close as possible by road (no autorouting on this model). Then I switch to the compass page and follow the arrow to the cache.

With the 60C with City Select installed, I hit find and choose "On Road." Then I follow the GPSr's autorouting directions until I am as close to the cache as possible while still being on the road. Since the arrow on the compass page does not work when using "On Road" searching, I now must hit the find button again, choose the correct waypoint again, and then choose "Off Road" for the arrow on the compass page to come up. This seems to be a slow process.

Is there a faster way or short-cut to do this? Is there some way to simply toggle back and forth between "On Road" and "Off-road" so that I can switch back and forth quickly between the compass page (and have my arrow to follow) and the "On Road" directions on the map page?

Thanks

Dave

:tongue: How about when you are in auto routing and get close to the cache you just press MENU and select RECALCULATE and then select OFF-ROAD. It will automaticly switch you to the compass page with the arrow pointing the way.