Cache Flash Mob Event?

avroair

We could have a Cache Flash mob event where all cachers arrive for exactly 10 minutes, talk about caching, exchange travel bugs then disperse... to go caching alone somewhere else.

:)B):bad:B):)

What do you think?

Edited by avroair
We could have a Cache Flash mob event where all cachers arrive for exactly 10 minutes, talk about caching, exchange travel bugs then disperse... to go caching.

:)  B)  :bad:  B)  :) 

What do you think?

There's no way a bunch of nut jobs that would all meet to log the event could finish BS'ing in 10 mins! Let me know where and I'll be there! (with your flashlight)

The Admins had a group huddle and decided this isn't a good idea since we cachers could use it as a sidestep to just doing group hunts.

This was not my original intention, but I see their point. :tongue:

I don't get it.

A cache event can be no hunting at all. Beer & Pizza and Group meetings per tradition in addition to group hunts and cache machines. Hairs to be split here are two items.

1) Event duration. There is no rule I'm aware of but such a short time?

2) Non geocacher participation. Is this a flash mob with a geocaching sub tone (like other events not allowed such as a booth at a fair). or a bonifide geo event.

The Admin's assessment was fair. They have to think of the ramifications further down the road. Well, there is nothing stopping us from still doing it, just doesn't count as an event. :tongue:

But as the oh, so, trendy BrianSnat remarked: FlashMobs are so last year! :unsure: