I Had The Strangest Dream And You Were There

How many of you (like Me) live far from the place that you think of as home? Do you cruise the cache pages of that place looking for pictures? Do you dream of finding caches there? How will geocaching affect your next visit home?

Like Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz:

There's no place like home,

There's no place like home!

I CAN'T WAIT to get back!

Sn :bad::) gans

How many of you (like Me) live far from the place that you think of as home? Do you cruise the cache pages of that place looking for pictures? Do you dream of finding caches there? How will geocaching affect your next visit home?

Like Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz:

I CAN'T WAIT to get back!

Sn :bad::) gans

Man, ain't it the truth?!?!? I live two blocks from where I grew up, and I miss it so much!!!! Oh, if only my dear ol' mum would hide a cache on the front porch so I'd have an excuse to make that long drive to visit....seems like just last night I was sitting out on the stoop with her, just reminiscing....oh, wait....that was last night....and the night before...and the night before....and the night before... :)

Man, ain't it the truth?!?!?  I live two blocks from where I grew up, and I miss it so much!!!!  Oh, if only my dear ol' mum would hide a cache on the front porch so I'd have an excuse to make that long drive to visit....seems like just last night I was sitting out on the stoop with her, just reminiscing....oh, wait....that was last night....and the night before...and the night before....and the night before... :bad:

B):)B):)

Edited by Snoogans

My hubby and I were born and raised in Virginia Beach, VA. The Air Force moved us to Colorado in 1996. Make no mistake, we LOVE Colorado but I still look at cache pages from in and around the VA Beach area just to see 'home' every once in a while.

It's funny, I look at all the pictures and say, "I've been THERE!"

Or in the case of a cache near my sister's house in Richmond, I say, "Hey! I got drunk there on a few hot summer nights!". :)

Edited by Imajika

Home is Fairbanks Alaska, but it's not home any more. There comes a time in your life when you can visit but you can never go back. Even so home stays with you forever and you can dream. Sometimes those dreams spill over into your life. Maybe that's a good thing because good or bad, you right now are a part of a place someone else will look back and call home.

Home is Fairbanks Alaska, but it's not home any more. There comes a time in your life when you can visit but you can never go back. Even so home stays with you forever and you can dream. Sometimes those dreams spill over into your life. Maybe that's a good thing because good or bad, you right now are a part of a place someone else will look back and call home.

Excellent perspective. You always make me think some more......

BTW - There's no place like home..... :)

Yeah, the Air Force also took me away from home. I live in Texas now, in a city about 5 times the size of my hometown. I look at the cache pages for my hometown all the time. Geocaching has really taken off there, and despite it's small size, they have at least 5 times more caches within 50 miles then I do here. I wish I was there. Especially right now because we have no YJTBs within 2 hours drive from here, but they have 8 currenty in my hometown.

McWeb

Edited by mcweb

My hometown growing up was a small bedroom community. I was happy to move away, although I miss not having those family members just down the road from me (two of my sisters live within 15 miles of me though).

Of course when I dream of "home", there are numerous places where I would love to live. And, I have actually checked out caches in those areas. I should probably brush up on my French to really understand some of the French caches. I also think that I want to plan a trip to Washington or Canada so I can pick out some "homes" there. I could just dream all day about being somewhere else... :)

I never felt 'home' as much as in the place where I have lived for the last three years. Home to me is the place where I can feel comfortable being a foreigner. Places that don't welcome strangers, or conversely, places where they won't accept my 'foreignness' in spite of the fact that I have outgrown them, will never be home again.

Which doesn't mean I don't miss them, and like visiting them, every now and then.

And RK - yours were wise words.

Edited by Shunra

I am living in hampton VA, which is only a few miniutes from VA Beach, but being a military kid I tend to find home wherever I am. :) I have done most of my caching in South Dakota with my aunt, so I tend to think of there a lot.

Edited by Beta Test
Planet, if you drive through your parents' home all the time, then most assuredly you will be adversely affecting its market value at some point, even if it is Connecticut. :tongue:

I knew when I hit "Add reply" that something wasn't going to be right about that!

:unsure: 'Twas to early for editing. I'd have to hit the stone walls my Dad built to get through the house though, so no, can't do that.