My Gun Saved My Life On A Cache Hunt

GeoSar

If anyone is offended by something I have said, please don't be. If you don't feel owning and carrying a firearm is appropriate for you, that's fine, but there are those of us that feel that it is well within our rights to do so, and to be labeled as somehow "unsafe" or "careless" just because we do, is misleading.

Happy Caching!

I agree with you. Feel free to carry a gun. That is a personal choice.

My point was only to the extent that a belief that a person who choses not to carry one is "unprepared," comes across as degrading or of forcing a viewpoint. Just as you don't want to be characterized as unsafe or careless because you carry a gun, I don't want to be characterized as unprepared because I don't. I believe having a gun around while caching in some areas could be good preparation for some people. I think it could not be for others. For me it would not be (even in the situations you described, which I repeat I am not going to debate). I will not make assumptions about people who chose to carry a weapon and ask that they don't make assumptions about people who do not.

As I said originally, I doubted you meant any negative connotation by your post, but it came across as having one. And I guess if you really believe that any unarmed person is unprepared in some circumstances, OK then. I guess I'll just plain disagree and happily go cache where I want and at my own level of preparedness. So in reality it is all a nit-picky issue. :D

We agree to disagree. :ph34r:

Something we probably DO agree on, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE CUBS?!? UGH!

Anyway, um, back on topic, hiking and caching are good things. Prepare for them as you will.... :)

I would guess that we agree more than we disagree on the subject. To the extent we disagree, no problem! We got to make our points and all is fine. :huh:

And yes, the cubs are killing me. I blame it on the fact that I took away my cubs avatar for awhile. ;)