Help With Missing Travel Bug

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with my missing TB. The missing bug is named "Buckaroo Banzai and the hidden Keys" it was last seen in the Cornish Friendship Cache. On April 11, timmyh_uk logged that he removed it from the cache. The TB log's was not updated, and it is still listed in this cache. I have sent timmyh_uk two emails over the last few weeks, which have not been replied to. He is an active cacher as his last visit to CG.com have been updated in his profile when I've checked on the TB and his last visit was today (June 19).

Does anyone know this cacher and can help out or can offer any advice?

Regards,

BB

Edited by Buckaroo Banzai

He's local to me, so I'll drop him an email. We've been in touch in the past 2 weeks about the Exeter Caching Event I have organised, so he is definitely around.

EDIT: Small world! I have already emailed Tim about this bug about a month ago, because I visited the cache a short while after Tim did (we're both from round Exeter way and the cache was a hundred miles away).

I'll remind him.

Edited by Stuey

the_real_badger (and muffin!) ,

Thanks, it is a bit of a bother when you see that he is loging onto GC.com almost daily and does not log the bug or reply to my emails. I have enjoyed tracking the bug for over two years and hate to lose it.

Stuey,

Thanks for your follow up! I hope you will be contact with timmyh_uk soon.

Best regards,

John

Edited by Buckaroo Banzai

John,

Good news. I received this email this morning:

Oh god....what can I say.

I feel really bad about this now. Yes I've still got the TB, at the

bottom of my backpack. I'd just forgotten all about it. I will be

logging it and moving it on ASAP.

HUGE apologies to all concerned...think I owe a few beers.

TimmyH

p.s.If I don't respond to emails try resending with a different

subject..sometimes my spam filters are a little screwy.

There ya go.... SPAM filters blocked the emails, and Tim had forgotten about the bug in the bottom of his backpack. It'll be moving again soon :blink:

p.s.If I don't respond to emails try resending with a different

subject..sometimes my spam filters are a little screwy.[/b]

There ya go.... SPAM filters blocked the emails, and Tim had forgotten about the bug in the bottom of his backpack. It'll be moving again soon :lol:

There are often a lot of threads that mention that people do not receive or reply to email requests. Spam filters may be to blame, but I have noticed that email's from Groundspeak/Geochaching sometimes have an odd set of characters at the begining of the subject line and others do not. See below two watch list notification I received today.

<noreply@geocaching.com> [LOG] Watchlist: Boneychest & Catsuey retrieved Lubber Grasshopper (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from Enigma: Mission 2 - All the King's men

<noreply@geocaching.com> =?iso-8859-1?Q?=5BLOG=5D_Watchlist:_CAPAR_found_Hey_Dude_Where's_My_Car?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_=28Keys=29_=28Traditional_Cache=29?=

as you can see the second email would appear at first glance to be spam but is in fact a legitimate watchlist email.

Maybe those with greater know how can explain this and perhaps change things so that this stops happening. :blink:

Just want to send my sympathies as I am having similar trouble getting a user to drop a bug he's had for 6 months or more....

this sort of thing really get's my goat!

I see your TB has surfaced, all be it in a 5/5 cache. I am hoping to rescue it in the next few days if I don't get beat to it and if I have the right caving equipment!!!!

:(

Just want to send my sympathies as I am having similar trouble getting a user to drop a bug he's had for 6 months or more....

this sort of thing really get's my goat!

I see your TB has surfaced, all be it in a 5/5 cache. I am hoping to rescue it in the next few days if I don't get beat to it and if I have the right caving equipment!!!!

:(

Got beat to it by BugznElm'r, but at least your TB is free.