Calling All Budding Detectives...

Does any one fancying joining up with the House of Boo for a night time jaunt to solve the Missing Cacher (GCJKWG).

We really want to do this cache as all the logs we have read make it sound very interesting and we thought a group would be better then just us (more people to tackle the beasties which may be lurking in the woods!!!!)

House of Boo

Well as we have youth on our side :huh: we can do whatever time at night would be suitable for you Mr Hornet!!

You would be more then welcome to come Simply Paul - we promise that we won't keep asking you "where is it" "Is it here??"

Just let us know what dates and times you both could make and we will be there.

House of Boo

So shall we say next Friday 25th June at 11:30pm at the parking co-ordinates as advised on the cache sheet??

If it's to be on the 25th June at 11:30pm then I'll do my dambdest to be there. i do however have to clear it with my wife so I will email you with up to date info. :huh:

Friday may be a bit difficult as I have a regular 'engagement' on Friday evenings. I also have an early start on Saturday as I'm meeting up with a couple of mates in Surrey for a day's caching. However, I'll do my best.

Paul... If you're reading this, would you be giving anything away if you told us roughly how long this puzzle is likely to take? It could make a difference as to whether I attempt it on Friday or not.

A bit too far for us but would love to take part in something similar in the Midlands. I haven't the time to organise something though - D'oh! :)

The Hokesters....

If you want to attempt a night-time cache, I'm planning a multi in the leicestershire area. It hasn't been placed as yet, but I'm looking to install it in the next couple of weeks. Watch this space.

Mark

Team Nottrikk

"Remember the alamo"

"You made me miss." - Ah, Rik Mayall's finest screen moment. Except perhaps Drop Dead Fred.

To answer some questions:

Unless things go badly wrong we'll be back to parking, done and dusted, around 1am. I say we. Perhaps I mean most of us...

I'd usually say there's only room for one car at the given parking location, but at that time of night I think we can afford to block the bridleway a little. I mean, who's going to be riding a horse in the dark? There should be room for a few (6?) cars at the entrance to the track, and the quiet road away from the corner would be ok for any overspill.

I'll bring my video camera (with night-vision feature) and will do a 'best-of' short feature to e-mail as an mpeg to all those who attend. It'll probably contain spoilers so it'll just be for 'us', ok? Now, you can't say fairer than that, can you? :tongue:

See all you lambs on Friday...

SP :unsure:

Additional Information!

The location isn't the easiest to find, so I suggest you have a go with MultiMap (the corner you want is above the T in The Lee) or &searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf]StreetMap (also above the T in The Lee) beforehand. This cache is time-critical so we will (look at me putting myself in charge!) be leaving the parking area at 11.30 sharp! I'll have my OS map with me, and if anyone is stuck on the night call me on [phone number removed by Admin per request of Simply Paul] and I'll try to 'guide you in'.

More good news. The 25th is well over a week away from a full moooooooon!

SP

"Remember the alamo"

"You made me miss." - Ah, Rik Mayall's finest screen moment. Except perhaps Drop Dead Fred.

So you haven't seen Shock treatment then?

The follow up to the Rocky Horror Picture show.

With the immortal line from Mr. Mayall "with legs like mine, I'm really made for dancing."

Mark

Team Nottrikk

Edited by Nottrikk

So let me get this straight, the mapquest map is wrong? The parking place is best seen from the streetmap.co.uk map?

Are the Co-ords for the parking place?

Is that right?

Oh and by the way, what time are others planning on getting over there? I've got quite a way to travel, so I'm kind of planning on being there at around 11:00 just in case there are disasters like me getting totally lost or something. So if nothing goes wrong and by some miracle, I find the parking place where we are all meeting up at 11:00 ish, Is there anyone planning the same thing as I am?

Sorry, a bit waffly, but I got there in the end.

Mark

Team Nottrikk

Edited by Nottrikk
Are the Co-ords for the parking place?

As the cache page clearly states, the given co-ords are for parking. :blink:

Sorry if I seem in a bad mood but I had 2 DNFs while out caching with Dan Wilson today- my worst ever showing! Gurrrr.

Anyway, I'll be at the corner around 11pm to cheer House of Boo and all you other folks on. Any latecomers, just follow the sound of screaming...

SP :lol:

Since you'll all be looking for just an existing cache, and at an hour when all the local pubs will be 'officially' shut, I'm not sure the rules would allow this to be an event cache. It'd be cool if it was though. Perhaps an authority figure could let House of Boo and the rest of us know?

SP :lol:

P.S. While you're here you can also log this 'roving' cache: Ye Ole Survey Monuments - Handa Island by outforthehunt. Read my log for more details. Aren't I good to you? :blink:

Big thanks to Johnny-come-latelies House of Boo for organising this get together in the woods -no, there was no dogging, just a couple of doggies- it was a good laugh. I'm SOOOOO glad the midnight feature worked as it should. The potential for shame was massive. Everyone seemed happy enough to be bumping about in the woods in the middle of the night, and I hope I was of little or no help. We had 6 teams/cachers turn up in the end, some of which were visiting from blooming miles away, so huge thanks to you all for making the effort to be here for this one. Sorry that The Hornet couldn't make it... Anyone else want to explain their no-show? :(

Cheers!

SP :D

P.S. Here they all are: Team Midnight!

team-midnight.jpg