Cache Approval

Wandering Celts

We posted a new cache for approval on Monday Evening (June 14) and it is still pending approval. I just wanted to check if the local approver for Northern Virginia can see the cache on the website or if we need to re-submit the request. It is called Libby's Hideout Cache (GCJPT8). We sent a message to Groundspeak, but have yet to receive a response. We know the approvers do a great job, and we just want to make sure we are doing our part right to help the process along. We just don't know who to contact to make sure we have done it correctly. Thanks for your help.

Wandering Celts

I am going to reply to you the same way I replied in this thread

Absolutely! It's called patience. The approvers are all volunteers and give so much time to the job they do. Once in a while it might take a little longer. Is your cache page well written out? In other words would they have any reason to question the placement of the cache? They have to do some checking first, they can't just go clicking "Approved!" willy nilly. I do not know your area, but are there a lot of park restrictions/regulations regarding geocaching? If there are have you met with these restrictions/regulations. Mostly a nice letter, including the name and GC# of the cache, written to the approver, will go a lot farther than a harsh "Hey buddy!!!! Where's my approval gosh darn it??!!!! - type of letter will. Mostly be patient. Somedays they are approved within hours, some days the approver has a wedding to go to, is sick, has a newborn baby, has to work, has to paint the house first, has to get the car fixed, has to get a cache fix, has to clean out the basement, mow the lawn, help another approver who might be loaded up, etc..... And every day there are more and more caches piling up to be approved. It is a hugely growing sport. Place your caches well, and within the guidelines and it wil all run smoothly. Hang in there, I know how the anticipation must be killing you. :unsure:

PS: the other thread was actually a "where's my durned cache approval" thread with a happy ending :lol: for once, which by the way the approver answered that she had computer problems, and she by the way is the VA cache approver. So that has been the issue. Things are good now. Hang_in_there.jpg

Edited by Planet

Thanks for the response. I believe the cache is well written. My problem is, I don't know who the approvers are for my local area, so I can't drop a note to them. They have not looked at the cache as of yet. I am not complaining about the work they do. Believe me, I really appreciate the work they do as volunteers. All of the great caches we have found would not be possible without all of the work that our fellow cachers, hiders as well as approves do.

I just want to make sure I did my part correctly. The help on Geocaching.com did say that at times a cache request will be posted, but the approvers/admins can't see it. I just wanted to see if anyone knows the local approver so I can verify that our cache request can be seen by them.

Thanks for the response. I believe the cache is well written. My problem is, I don't know who the approvers are for my local area, so I can't drop a note to them. They have not looked at the cache as of yet. I am not complaining about the work they do. Believe me, I really appreciate the work they do as volunteers. All of the great caches we have found would not be possible without all of the work that our fellow cachers, hiders as well as approves do.

I just want to make sure I did my part correctly. The help on Geocaching.com did say that at times a cache request will be posted, but the approvers/admins can't see it. I just wanted to see if anyone knows the local approver so I can verify that our cache request can be seen by them.

Your approver is HoneyChile, and she has had computer issues. I'll quote Honeychile from the other thread here:

"I had a major computer issue earlier this week and am just now back online. Other reviewers pitched in to help out, but I'm sorry your cache was overlooked. I'll take a gander now. Please forgive me for the delay. Feel free to write me directly for issues with caches in NC, SC, and VA."

Yes sometimes it takes awhile but my experience is that it is usually under 24 hours. My last one was under 24 minutes !!! Placed it around 8PM, went home wrote it up and submitted it. Went to the kitchen for some ice cream and when I was finished the cache was up. :tongue:

Only $50? I was robbed :lol:

It has since been approved. I had read on the site that at times posts don't actually go through and got thinking that I didn't post it right. Just show you what you get for thinking.

Thanks Keystone Approver for pointing out the list in the Adoption thread. I had searched for a list like that, but couldn't find one. I knew there had to be a similar thread somewhere.