Jeep Tb Quality

WH

I just grabbed my first Yellow Jeep TB this morning and I couldn't help noticing how the tags are attached. The chain that holds the tag is looped through the Jeep roll bar which is flimsy plastic. The one I got had a roll bar that had partially come off. Ive heard similar stories from other cachers in my area noticing similar problems.

Any suggestions on how the problems with the TB's can be resolved without ruining them?

I'd love to hear what glues people used on that roll bar or where else you attached the chain... I was thinking of maybe attaching a jumpring somewhere... maybe in the slot in the black plastic where it meets the yellow at the rear bumper? has anyone tested different spots? or adhesives? Figuring I want to fix it before it heads out since the roll bar isn't totlly attached on one side already

On my Walt Disney World Express, Disneyland Express, Chunnel Express and NYC Express I was able to use a drill press to drill a hole through the die-cast metal and then loop the TB tag through there.

I have a Jeep in my possession and I think you could hold the TB at an angle and punch a hole through the back bumper through to the quarter panel?

Haven't tried it yet...

The roll bar can be re-inserted into it's slot. It's not sturdy but I'm not the one who custom ordered 5000 of them.

That paint is pretty good. Better than Matchbox and Hotweels. I guess doing a real metal frame for the front window would be too much. But it would of been cool. The wheels could of looked better. Of course most of these will either be abducted inot peoples personal collections or beat to snot pretty quick by unforgiving McToys.

My last 3 TB's were matchbox cars. I drilled a small hole in the metal part of them and screwed an eye-hook into it to attach the chain. Worked pretty good for me.

Like this:

f3f1128b-5b12-4125-91f1-a59d84082e8d.jpg

Would it be looked upon badly if I modified Jeep TB's that I find like this?

Would it be looked upon badly if I modified Jeep TB's that I find like this?

Paint it red and extend it to look like a Suburban - yeah, probably not a good idea :unsure:

I was referring to screwing an eye bolt into the back of it to attach the tag. :lol:

On the YJTBs I released, I wrapped the chain around all three roll bar sections. At least then any yank/tug gets it's force distributed more than if just looped around the center rollbar.

Also then a break won't separate the tag from the toy but still have a couple attach points.

hth,

Randy

I received 20 of the YJTBs the other day scrunched up in a little box and not a one was damaged in any way. Yes the rollbar may be a bit on the light side but seems like its strong enough to withstand normal picking up and putting down motions. Of course alot of people are downright destructive and theres going to be breaks no matter what.

Would say that when you get a bug, examine it and make any repairs that you can while you have it. If it means drilling a hole though the bed of the jeep, then do it. But until a problem is spotted on a particular bug, i would leave as is!!!

My last 3 TB's were matchbox cars.  I drilled a small hole in the metal part of them and screwed an eye-hook into it to attach the chain.  Worked pretty good for me.

Like this:

Hmmm...that Suburban looks oddly familiar :unsure:

I'll let you know how the eye-bolt is holding up if the bug ever reaches me :lol:

Edited by Team GPSaxophone
My last 3 TB's were matchbox cars.  I drilled a small hole in the metal part of them and screwed an eye-hook into it to attach the chain.  Worked pretty good for me.

Like this:

Hmmm...that Suburban looks oddly familiar :lol:

I'll let you know how the eye-bolt is holding up if the bug ever reaches me :unsure:

Whaddaya mean if it ever gets to you?!?!?!? Get off yer little blue buns and go get it!!!! :lol:

I'm thinking drill a 1/8" whole in the back seat right through the bottom of the Jeep. I have one in front of me right now and that role bar definitely pops out way too easily. In fact I received a few from GS to distribute in my area and i think I'll do that before I set them free.

Any suggestions on how the problems with the TB's can be resolved without ruining them?

I haven't seen any yet, but if the door windows are down or open, try using zip strips to attach the tag. You can get them at your local hardware or home depot fairly cheep. Hope this helps. Sf1

That would work except there are no windows and no top to attach the zip tie to.

Well, since at least two of the YJTB's made it to my area yesterday, I had to go grab one! So, yes, I will modify the attachment in one of the previously mentioned ways. I've tried pulling on the chain on the one I have to see if it will come loose, and though I haven't hung my full weight on it, it's surprisingly strong...at least this one is. I can tell it won't hold up to a lot of abuse,though, so I will modify it. :D Oh, and I was outside playing with it and got it stuck in the mud.... :ph34r: ...now I gotta figure out how to attach a tow strap to pull it out!

Oh, and I was outside playing with it and got it stuck in the mud.... :D ...now I gotta figure out how to attach a tow strap to pull it out!

Try rocking it back and forth a few times, my toddler gets his trucks stuck all the time. Helps if you make a "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB" sound with your lips! :ph34r:

To stay on topic, a hole through the body and especially SHORTENING the chain should help!

Oh, and I was outside playing with it and got it stuck in the mud.... :D ...now I gotta figure out how to attach a tow strap to pull it out!

Try rocking it back and forth a few times, my toddler gets his trucks stuck all the time. Helps if you make a "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB" sound with your lips! :ph34r:

To stay on topic, a hole through the body and especially SHORTENING the chain should help!

Methinks it was the "BBBBBBBBBBBB" sound that encouraged the neighbors to retreat indoors and call the "cookie wagon"! :D