My Favorite Hole: Beer & Munchies

Team Rampant Lion

With a good recommendation from briansnat, I am posting highlights for the My Favorite Hole: Beer & Munchies event cache here. It will be held Wednesday, June 30th at 7:00 PM at N41 01.861, W074 38.427.

I want to get Sussex and Morris County NJ Geocachers together to see who we all are. Other nuts running around with expensive gadgets chasing dollar trinkets are welcome to join.

I'll also share my interaction with the NJ State Park Superintendent for Kittatinny State Park, Sussex Branch Trail and Paulinskill Valley Trail. He had some significant anxieties about Geocaching. I worked with him to develop a solution to protect our opportunities in these great parks. :blink:

Hope you can join us.

Edited by Team Rampant Lion
I'll also share my interaction with the NJ State Park Superintendent for Kittatinny State Park, Sussex Branch Trail and Paulinskill Valley Trail. He had some significant anxieties about Geocaching. I worked with him to develop a solution to protect our opportunities in these great parks

That's interesting. Most NJ parks personnel have been OK with geocaching and in some cases outright supportive.

Anyway, I've heard great things about Kroughs, though I've yet to go there. This is as good an excuse as any to go. If I'm not working, I will be there.

Edited by briansnat

The NJ Parks people WANT to be supportive but they also want to be involved. Given some recent communications they are receiving (which we'll discuss offline) and what they (reasonably) view as their obligation to protect the parks and patrons of the parks, they want to be part of the placement process. More importantly, they just want to understand the sport and they really didn't. Now that they are better informed, they are supportive and even creative with new ideas.

Great event Team RL! It was nice meeting a lot of new geocachers. Some who recently picked up the sport and some who've been around a whle but I've never had the pleasure of meeting. Skigirl and I enjoyed chatting with everyone. Thanks for setting it up. And Kroughs makes one outstanding IPA!

Edited by briansnat