Benchmark Picture Contest !

Black Dog Trackers

I was just looking over a map download (Mount Discovery Antarctica USGS ST 57-60/10) when I notice a small triangle  placed about 1000' from where I am sitting.

Oh  boy! Grab the camera, hat, gloves, insulated overalls, fleece and windshell,  and off like an overstuffed penguin to the top of the hill.

I don't think anyone is going to try for my one and only geocache hide  Cone_Z today.

Mac--thanks very much for the benchmark and scenic photos from Antarctica. I sure wish I could get FTF on your cache; the FTF prize is beautiful.

I guess the photo below doesn't quite qualify for the "contest" because the mark (HR0727) has been destroyed. But if it had still been there, it would have been in this photo. ;-)

5cf48fcf-8997-4997-a24e-f17ab64002eb.jpg

Patty

This thread was dropping too far back, and there aren't enough ocean scenes represented, so I'll submit one of mine.

f012e624-b905-40e2-a4a7-6e94766a8789.jpg

This one is on top of Ft. Warren on Georges Island, one of the Boston Harbor Islands. In the far background is Boston Light, a landmark type benchmark.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/benchmark/lg/43...190138d8fd1.jpg

As an added bonus, this one is in front of Plainmont Cemetary, east of Barry, VT. The benchmark is in the shaded oval (it doesn't quite fit the requirements, but I liked the photo enough to include it).

Edited by NorStar

NorStar, you missed AE4176 about 50 feet closer to the entrance of the cemetery.

BTW, it is the Plain-Mont Cemetery. It is located on the Plainfield, Montpelier town lines in Plainfield, VT, not Barre.

Here's one submission. I just like the picture.

26353f5d-af2d-4099-abcb-e7912d34f89a.jpg

The disk is hard to see but it is located in the lower center of the picture.