Garmin Etrex Legend For Sale

I have a one year old Legend that I'm selling because I'm upgrading to a GPSmap 60CS. I'll also include Mapsource Roads & Recreation v3.03, a handlebar mount, serial cable, and manual (I hope I can find it). It is a great, compact handheld for geocaching and has served me well. Post a note here or email me through my profile if you have any questions. This one will be eBay bound soon.

Ok, several people have emailed me about the asking price. I found the manual and am asking $150 for the GPS, accessories, and the Mapsource software. I will accept PayPal. I'll accept other forms of payment as well but it will delay shipping. I'll ship it insured to anywhere in the U.S. I would much rather a Geocacher get in on this good deal than someone on eBay so I'm offering it here first. Here is some information about the Legend from Garmin's website.

The entire North and South America's basemap showing major roads, Highways, and Interstate system with Points of Interest and Interstate exit information comes preloaded in the Legend's internal memory.

The eTrex Legend's added memory allows it to accept downloaded map data from GARMIN's entire line of MapSource® CD-ROMs, including US Topo® and US Roads and Recreation.

Mapping detail is presented on a new high resolution liquid crystal display (288x160 pixels). An innovative rocker switch on the front allows for quick and accurate map panning, as well as selection and enter functions.

The eTrex Legend comes in a brightly-colored translucent blue case that really makes the unit stand out. New to the product design, GARMIN will include marine aids to navigation in addition to the basemap. These navigational aids will be pre-loaded into each unit from the factory.

Features and Specifications

Receiver: 12 Channel, WAAS capable

Internal Memory: 8 MB

Memory Options: No

Display Type: 4 Level Gray LCD

Display Size (inches): 2.1 x 1.1

Display Pixels: 288 x 160

Antenna Type / External Option: Internal Patch / No

Data I/O: NMEA 0183, RTCM 104 (DGPS)

Unit Dimensions (inches): 4.4 x 2.0 x 1.2

Unit Weight: 5.3 ounces

Battery Type / Expect Life: 2 AA / 18 hrs (using battery saver mode)

Waterproofness Standard: IPX7

Operating Temperature Range: +5 to +158 Fahrenheit

Map Datums: Over 100

Grid Systems: Lat/Lon, UTM/UPS, Maidenhead, MGRS, etc

Waypoints: 500

Routes / Waypoints per Route: 20 / 50

Tracklog Points / Reversible: 2048 / Yes

Built-in Basemap / Database: The Americas Highway Basemap

Downloadable Map Options: MapSource CD-ROMs

Built-in Electronic Compass: No

Built-in Barometric Altimeter: No

Warranty: 1 year

Included Accessories: PC Interface Cable

Other Notable Features: Hunting and fishing calculator provides optimal times of day to hunt or fish