Milestones

Yuppers!!  I got mine here on Carleenp's cache in Nebraska on June 7th!! :unsure:  Pretty cool for me, my 100th cache and my first out-of-state cache all in one, exactly 7 months to the day after I started caching!!! :blink:

Too funny. Michelle and I just got back from a road trip to Delaware, and now we have 90 finds, and we leave for Nebraska on the 25th of June, and this cache is on our list to hit while there. Maybe it will be #100 for us too :lol: and if we do it on July 1st, that will also be 6 months to the day.

Hey Sparky…why did you shave the cat that Sunshine is holding? :lol:

Running and hiding

What are the rules for counting? If you count only traditional caches I have a long way to go. If you count all types of caches then I have 30 to go and will get those by early July.

Zack

as far as i'm concerned, the total of caches found in your profile is what you should use.

What are the rules for counting? If you count only traditional caches I have a long way to go. If you count all types of caches then I have 30 to go and will get those by early July.

Zack

as far as i'm concerned, the total of caches found in your profile is what you should use.

That's what I was thinking though I did notice one poster specifically stated traditional caches - so it's 70 down, 30 to go for me.

Hey Sparky…why did you shave the cat that Sunshine is holding?  :unsure:

Running and hiding

:lol::o:blink::lol::lol::lol: Don't make fun of poor Faustina that way!!! She never knew she was a dog........ :lol:

I am sorry, why did you shave that cute little animal that Sunshine is holding? :lol:

On topic, I think we (Michelle and I) have decided to wait and get our 100th find in Nebraska or Iowa. We are only 10 away, so we will have to be careful not to hit it early. That means we "should not" cache until we leave on our trip. We will see if we can actually go a week without caching.

Zack

That's what I was thinking though I did notice one poster specifically stated traditional caches - so it's 70 down, 30 to go for me.

if cachers only want to count traditional caches that's up to them. i count virts and locationless. some locationless are hard to find. go to the east coast and you can find all kinds of stone walls. here in michigan, none. eternal flames are not exactly common either. use the number you are comfortable with.

I was looking for a "memorable" 100th find. So I was sitting on 99 for a week. But King Boreas put a cache 1/2 a mile from my home. I had to act! The shame of not being a FTF in my backyard! I almost missed it. Then I saw that another local signed the cache log but not the website. At least I was beat by a local cacher 1/4 mile from their house.

So my 100 find was the CITO day by MNGCA. My son and I cleaned up our newest hide Operation: Liberty. Clean up efforts are posted. We found a e-machine 333 in the woods 50 ft from the dirt road :unsure: . Then Made the King's cache 101.

Shane

P.S. For those that like to go off topic. Make a new thread. 200th find, 300th.... Ect..

Edited by TwentySeven
I was looking for a "memorable" 100th find. So I was sitting on 99 for a week. But King Boreas put a cache 1/2 a mile from my home. I had to act! The shame of not being a FTF in my backyard! I almost missed it. Then I saw that another local signed the cache log but not the website. At least I was beat by a local cacher 1/4 mile from their house.

So my 100 find was the CITO day by MNGCA. My son and I cleaned up our newest hide Operation: Liberty. Clean up efforts are posted. We found a e-machine 333 in the woods 50 ft from the dirt road :blink: . Then Made the King's cache 101.

Shane

P.S. For those that like to go off topic. Make a new thread. 200th find, 300th.... Ect..

I think I actually went for over a month sitting on 98....then I tried for a FTF that was close to home and missed by a couple of hours. My 100th only missed being FTF by less than 30 minutes after driving almost 7 hours from home!!!!

I agree, if you want to mark a milestone higher than 100, take it to another thread. This is for us poor souls who have struggled just to break triple-digits despite overwhelming odds against us. :unsure:

100 for me - Memorial Day weekend - Blood And Guts in VA

Dave

Congrats! Is that the same Blood and Guts I hear people talking about in the forums? If so, I hear it's a particularly tough cache to get! Nice one for #100!! Another thing that made mine special was that it was Carleenp's cache for Team GPSaxophone. That's why I wanted to be FTF on it so bad! :unsure:

I did my 100th at the end of 2002.

I can't figure out which cache was really my 100th, and it looks like it may have been a locationless. :D I am so ashamed. :o I had just discovered them recently, and I binged. :blink:

nothing to be ashamed about. i love locationless. they make you more aware of your surroundings. :o

Back on June 6, I made an attempt to make Jumbo Combo Cache my 100th cache find. In order to get the correct coordinates and lock combination, you must first find three other caches. Sadly, my quest literally went up in flames at my attempt for cache # 99. See my DNF log for Yellow Jacket. Another cacher has since confirmed the status of the cache. So, I have another cache in mind to make 100 that I will try to find this weekend.

off-topic: As many keep saying here in the forums, it's the DNF's that make for some of the more interesting logs to read.

100 for me - Memorial Day weekend - Blood And Guts in VA

Dave

Congrats! Is that the same Blood and Guts I hear people talking about in the forums? If so, I hear it's a particularly tough cache to get! Nice one for #100!! Another thing that made mine special was that it was Carleenp's cache for Team GPSaxophone. That's why I wanted to be FTF on it so bad! :blink:

yep that's the one :o Had to log a 4am virtual before Blood and Guts to make it my 100th.

Dave

I was thinking about milestones this morning and wondered if anyone every gave a little prize to the cache owner for placing the cache.

I saw in another post where some folks leave unactivated travel bugs as first to find (ftf) prizes and I was thinking it would be cool to leave some sort of prize as a way of saying thank you to the cache owner for placing the cache. You could also do this as a way of saying thanks for the ftf find.

Obviously you can't do this with virtual or locationless caches but you could with a traditional cache.

Zack

I did a search based on the question about "prizes for this milestone" posted above this. I seem to remember that someone was putting together a certificate for significant milestones (100, 500, etc) as kind of a labor of love but could not find the message string.

I got May 6th 100th cache milestone last Saturday.

For those that care, As of May 6th, any geocacher with over 92 caches is amoung the top 6% of all Geocachers with at least 1 find. Here are more details:

Percentile/Found

Top 1% - 369 finds

Top 2% - 230 finds

Top 3% - 168 finds

Top 4% - 133 finds

Top 5% - 109 finds

Top 6% - 92 finds

Top 7% - 78 finds

Top 8% - 68 finds

Top 9% - 60 finds

Top 10% - 54 finds

(Source: Jeremy Irish)