Software Like Easygps With Usb

Cool!! I hadn't realized that EasyGPS supported USB. I made sure that I had a current version, but didn't see USB info in the helpfiles. I found out that the USB support 'kicks in' when you install a GPS that has USB functionality (e.g. 60CS, 276C). At that point it includes a checkbox that says 'use USB'. I just loaded 1700 waypoints into my 276C in less than a minute, yum!!!

Looking at the gpsu homepage, it appears that it supports USB as well with the most recent version (10 May).

bryan

Though I don't have a USB GPS (and one is on my wish list), if you have MapSource which you should for either a 60C(S) or 76C(S), you should be able to use programs like GSAK which uses GPSBabel under the covers, or any program which can output in MapSource format and then use Mapsource to communicate with the GPS.

Hi

I would really appreciate it if someone would walk me through how you connect the Garmin 76cs usb connnection to EasyGPS. I have managed to download the coordinates by going through easy GPS to Mapsource and then to the GPS. Seems kinda clumsy when I seem to see people saying you can download from EasyGPS through a USB connection. I keep gettin messages about the serial connection. Thanks for any help.

I would really appreciate it if someone would walk me through how you connect the Garmin 76cs usb connnection to EasyGPS.

I have a 60CS and EasyGPS v 1.3.7 which supports USB. Here's what you do to use USB.

Click on File up on the menu bar, then Preferences. Click on Setting and put a check mark in Use USB block.

I would really appreciate it if someone would walk me through how you connect the Garmin 76cs usb connnection to EasyGPS.

I have a 60CS and EasyGPS v 1.3.7 which supports USB. Here's what you do to use USB.

Click on File up on the menu bar, then Preferences. Click on Setting and put a check mark in Use USB block.

Don't forget to make sure that you have configured EasyGPS to include your GPSr. With File->Preferences, on the My GPS Receivers tab, Click the Add GPS button and then find a selection for the 60CS (if you don't have it, you may need to update to a more recent version of the software like 1.3.7). When you have added that GPSr, you can check the Settings button as previously mentioned to use the USB interface. That option would be greyed-out for older models that don't support USB.

bryan