Cache Approval

planetrobert

I submitted a cache on the 13th and today a full 3 days later I just wonder what is happening.

I know admins are busy and are volunteers, so I don't want to come off as an #%$

Being inside CAL I am not entirely sure who to contact so here is my quest for answers. I would like to know who to talk to in northern cal and if after 3 days ond not a peep should I be concerned. I see that caches have been approved in cal as recent as yesterday, but in the south. is there a shortage these days of approvers with summer hitting and all?

No whining or "hurry up and approve" call here, I just would like answers or to be contacted or something.

Also as a cacher who has found a few and really loves the sport, knows the area he lives around, spends way too much time on the computer, and likes helping out, I would like to be considered for being a geocaching whippping boy for the users to send mad emails about why they cant break the rules and such and to help out by approving caches and helping users get their caches into a shape to be approvable. ;)

The approver for Northern California is unavailable, so SoCal Admin is helping out. Just be patient. A wise man once told me "if we see it before December I will be shocked. If it happens after Dec I would not be suprised." :blink:

thanks for the info, i'll be waiting patiently now.

No problem. You know, I'm surprised BrianSnat didn't reply first. You know how much he loves to post :unsure:

The approver for Northern California is unavailable, so SoCal Admin is helping out. Just be patient. A wise man once told me "if we see it before December I will be shocked. If it happens after Dec I would not be suprised." :blink:

thanks for the info, i'll be waiting patiently now.

No problem. You know, I'm surprised BrianSnat didn't reply first. You know how much he loves to post :unsure:

oh, im not supprised you posted first, although i also wouldn't have been suprised if the wet cat posted first either.

Norcal = Hemlock, Socal = SocalAdmin. Hemlock has been incommunicado recently, so SocalAdmin has been turning loose batches of caches now and then. It's a bit annoying, as Hemlock had a nice predictable schedule - he always approved a bunch of caches at 10pm and then went to bed chuckling, knowing that geocachers around the bay were scrambling for their cars and those midnight FTFs. I miss him...

Yeah WestCoastAdmin was posting a question about my cache less than 1 minute after submitting it, I wasn't even done finalizing it! But I also had to teach him/her that they can't log a find on my cache just because they approve it first! LOL :unsure:

Now the question is, who is WestCoastAdmin? So far they won't tell me......... :tongue:

SoCalAdmin used to do the same thing as Hemlock, you'd see cache approved late at night, his schedule was predictable, not anymore though. But it doesn't seem many people are hiding caches either. Speaking of which, time to go hide some more!

Edited by Firehouse16

Heh, I was still tweaking the formatting of the cache page and saw it was approved before I was even done scripting the HTML (yes, I still do it the old-fashioned way).

I used to see the new So Cal caches come out late at night, so there'd be the inevitable scramble first thing in the morning for the FTF. It sure has slowed down in the Antelope Valley, though. Looks like we'll have to start placing caches again. :unsure:

And I will withhold any comments on who I think our new approver is, to protect the guilty. :tongue:

Just keep saying to yourself "Geocaching Admin. Folks are my friends" , close your eyes and click your red ruby slippers three times and POOF!!! your cache will be approved… <_<

BTW.........perks, you guys need to get rid of that 3rd eye cat avatr. Looks like something you guys brought home from work. :lol:

Edited by GarminArmin
Just keep saying to yourself "Geocaching Admin. Folks are my friends" , close your eyes and click your red ruby slippers three times and POOF!!! your cache will be approved… :lol:

BTW.........perks, you guys need to get rid of that 3rd eye cat avatr. Looks like something you guys brought home from work. :D

Aha, so THAT's how it works!?

So Hemlock, have I mentioned that you have beautiful eyes lately?? :lol:

And no way, the extra eye is the one that always spots the caches first!! <_<